The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New supra? Single turbo six speed

ripped_fear

OK guys considering some options.

I would be looking for a spotless stock bodied supra. Must be a six speed manual and a good modern single set up, ideally an srd or other reputable builder car.

Lowest mileage possible but most considered, and be even better if it had a built engine. Car must have plenty of history.

Most colours considered and if In need of a little paint here and there that's fine but no full resprays as I do t have the time. White or rsp would be preferred.

Max budget would be 30k. What's out there?

Will only be looking over the next week or I will be sticking with my old girl.

Thanks guys nothing set in stone. But somthing has come up I would be a fool not to consider.

Nothing will happen until somthing my end is confirmed but prior to that the perfect car must rear it's head.

If neither of the above happen I will happily keep mine as I'm more than happy with it!!!!

Seriously, you did receive a seriously strong offer on the stand yesterday but its only recovering what the car owes you in parts and that is with giving lots of free man hours on the time you and your father put into it. If I had so much of my dad's input into my car I would never let it go. He did say he wasn't going to do another one for you so recovering the cost of the parts you have fitted isn't worth it to lose that I did this with my dad that you'll really cherish in 20 years time if you hold onto it.

Seriously, you did receive a seriously strong offer on the stand yesterday but its only recovering what the car owes you in parts and that is with giving lots of free man hours on the time you and your father put into it. If I had so much of my dad's input into my car I would never let it go. He did say he wasn't going to do another one for you so recovering the cost of the parts you have fitted isn't worth it to lose that I did this with my dad that you'll really cherish in 20 years time if you hold onto it.

For a bit of an idiot in person ;) You do speak a fair bit of sense. Considering I got a good deal on the car when I initally bought it, I would come out a little on top. It would have to be the perfect car to come up for me to go though with the deal. Its good money but money isnt everything and I am more than happy with the car and very proud of what we have built.

Im waiting to hear back from one chap with a very nice car, but Im strugling to even think of a car fitting the spec I would want, if thats the case I will carry on with my current car, as tbh when I bought it I took the car on with the intention of it being my last supra as the factory spec is what i wanted and the car can become anything I would want it to be.

You would have to be a big fan of roll cages and it does seem expensive for an older car coupled to an older turbo with not much originality (looks to be a run of every mill original silver paint) left TT6. No one is still selling that particular setup and I don't think anyone would see that as a good option compared to the current crop of no/low lag single turbo options. Should be just the thing Jake is looking for!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.