The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New supra gossip

LOGIE

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really trying...but still finding it so hard to love the 911...except the ones I have no hope of ever affording.

House sale has fallen through twice in the last 4 months otherwise I would the there now. Always thought he 991 would be my choice but the F type is really pressing my buttons. I just hope they temp me with an FT-1 just to ruin my decision making process.

H.

Toyota GB group stopped by the Supra NEC stand at last weekends classic car show and did mention the new MkV. I asked if it would have a BMW derived engine and they said it wouldn't, that it'd be a Toyota drivetrain. They were cagey on aspects so it could be something whacky like a hybrid coming out. Said the launch date would be Spring to Summer 2018.

They also said they really regret selling (for charity) their UK museum Castrol liveried Supra two years ago and that anyone with a stock or near stock Supra MkiV TT6 (especially in white) should be locking it up, wrapping it in bubble wrap and only bringing it out once a year for its MOT test. They clearly don't know Supra owners very well.

If the new Supra is anything less then a competitor to the GTR it will be a fail in my opinion.

It needs to punch above its weight like the mkiv Supra did.

It will be so hard to produce such an iconic car again. I think it will be the definition of mediocrity.

I don't think Toyota know how to build a sports car these days. The GT86 showed just how out of touch they are.

Edited by mwilkinson (see edit history)

I have low expectations for the New Supra , where's the air management of the FT1 , stunning Wing mirrors, rear active spoiler with twin Aluminum pneumatic Struts!

As Toyota is not considered a premium brand in comparison to BMW , they will be out stage by the Z5 ; Lexus will be the comparison model

I can see it looking like the Hyundai Coupe , performance wise , 400hp is mediocre in today's market for a flag ship performance car ; based on today's engineering , European engines/ drive train is rarely over engineered

If they do have a 4wd model , it has to compete against the GTR

They also said they really regret selling (for charity) their UK museum Castrol liveried Supra two years ago and that anyone with a stock or near stock Supra MkiV TT6 (especially in white) should be locking it up, wrapping it in bubble wrap and only bringing it out once a year for its MOT test. They clearly don't know Supra owners very well.

This makes me chuckle. They have plenty of people out there to ask.. if only they would come on this forum ;)