The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel. Fitment

Supra374

Hi all I'm sure the answer is on here but finding the right one could be hard

I'm buying a set off work emotion d9r wheels

10.5 rear

9.5 front

19"

What off set do I need as I don't want the wheel to stick out past the arch and what tires

I'm not a fan off really stretched tires. The rear I want either a 285/30/19 or 295/30/19

The front I don't no

If anyone has wheels off this size can you help me out even a pic to see how yours sit thanks

This is also useful http://www.willtheyfit.com/

Sorry i can't help you with the offsets but if you know what you have now you can get a rule out

and get a pretty good idea on what you need using the above website.

Heres a few threads on the subject

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?336458-Wheel-fitment-help&highlight=wheel+fitment

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?336670-Desperate-for-Wheel-Fitment-Help&highlight=wheel+fitment

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?558091-Wheel-Tire-Size-Offset-Thread-Search-here!&

These are mine

18x11.5 ET49 rear and 18x9.5 ET 37 front

To get this stance with 10.5 wide wheels on the rear you will need an offset of 37.

Your wheel will be 0.7mm further in than mine on the rear.

Go to willtheyfit.com and put in the numbers.

Ignore the way the rear tyre appears not to sit flat, all the rear suspension arms were new and the alignment hadn't been done at this stage

Also, offsets will not guarantee caliper clearance on the front, this is more to do with the design of the wheel face.

John

IMG_3411 small.jpg

IMG_3412 small.jpg

IMG_3413 small.jpg

These are mine

18x11.5 ET49 rear and 18x9.5 ET 37 front

To get this stance with 10.5 wide wheels on the rear you will need an offset of 37.

Your wheel will be 0.7mm further in than mine on the rear.

Go to willtheyfit.com and put in the numbers.

Ignore the way the rear tyre appears not to sit flat, all the rear suspension arms were new and the alignment hadn't been done at this stage

Also, offsets will not guarantee caliper clearance on the front, this is more to do with the design of the wheel face.

John

And what calipers you have :)

10.5 rear

9.5 front

19"

What off set do I need as I don't want the wheel to stick out past the arch and what tires

I'm not a fan off really stretched tires. The rear I want either a 285/30/19 or 295/30/19

The front I don't no

If anyone has wheels off this size can you help me out even a pic to see how yours sit thanks

What are your offsets for these wheels?

10.5 rear

9.5 front

19"

The front I don't no

In the sizes/offsets available in the Work Emotion D9R 10.5 ET30 and 9.5 ET30 front should sit 100%.

Those are the sizes I was going to go for, although in 18" and I think 19 is too big/bit shitty for handling. Where are you from in NI dude?

9.5 +40 & 10.5 +40 should sit just about flush with the arches, any lower than that and you'll need to get the arches rolled/pulled.

Yeh that's about right, just the ones I posted above are the offsets available in that particular wheel he wants. Rolling your arches goes without saying now tbh :D

Also, 9.5 ET38 in the D9R won't clear UK calipers as far as I know. Berg has 19x10.5 ET30 and the fitment is absolutely perfect with a 285 and rolled arch.

Hi I'm from ballywalter co. Down area, so u think Go 18" instead I have a set off advans in the 18 that came on it. I just don't want the wheels to stick out at all so I'm I better going 40 rear 35 front and put a small spacer if needed just to be on the safe side

Hi I'm from ballywalter co. Down area, so u think Go 18" instead I have a set off advans in the 18 that came on it. I just don't want the wheels to stick out at all so I'm I better going 40 rear 35 front and put a small spacer if needed just to be on the safe side

I think I'm going to go 18" as planned now

40 rear

40front

Will this fit ok then rear arches are rolled anyway

9.5 et40 front and 10.5 et40 rear would be a better fitment, and in my own personal opinion, the car will fell better on the road on 18's rather than 19's.

Lots of people say it makes very little difference. The 19's look better, but the 18's handle better.

But I do recommend you speak to someone re caliper clearance.

Driftworks sell a lot of Work wheels to the Supra community, give them a call.

40 rear

40front

You'll need to find alternative sizes/offsets then, because those offsets aren't available in the D9R dude. I asked them about caliper clearance on the front and they said 9.5 ET38 won't clear but ET30 will. You'd be better going for a 9.5 on the rear with a lower offset instead of a 10.5 if you're worried about clearance!

I had 19's on my car when I bought it and when I changed wheels to 17's the handling was MUCH better, so 18's maximum tbh.

And thats cool, not too far away from me then. There's a few of us with Supra's around the Belfast area, deffo get a run out sometime together.

Use this website to compare offsets and sizes http://www.willtheyfit.com/

9.5 et40 front and 10.5 et40 rear would be a better fitment, and in my own personal opinion, the car will fell better on the road on 18's rather than 19's.

Lots of people say it makes very little difference. The 19's look better, but the 18's handle better.

But I do recommend you speak to someone re caliper clearance.

Driftworks sell a lot of Work wheels to the Supra community, give them a call.

I agree, although those sizes aren't available in those wheels. Better going for an 8.5 front and 9.5 rear with lower offsets equivalent to be on the safe side. Personally 9.5 and 10.5 ET30 will be 100% with an arch roll, but it's all personal preference.

I consulted DW whenever I was going to buy these wheels myself as well.

Edited by ashloys (see edit history)

40 rear

40front

What widths? You need to know the widths and offsets to work out how they will fit.

I'd suggest deciding what wheels you want and then post up a link showing the available widths and offsets.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

I'm looking 10.5 rear 40

9.5 front 40

18"

I was told they will make what ever offset I want

I have jspec brakes on the car

As for the car it's in a million bits gettin it ready for the summer

I don't think that can be right, the D9R are 1 piece wheels with set widths and offsets. If they were 3 piece for example, Work can make them to whatever specs you want.

• 3 weeks later...