The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Black - tt - auto - great car.

herbiemercman

Jun 2010

England - Lancashire

View My Supra

Thumbs up Re: supra

Quote Originally Posted by keron

hi mate, how much is your brother looking for his supra?

regards

keron

Hi , My brother was electrocuted 5 weeks back in his villa in Turkey. His daughter has asked me to look into selling his car, it was imported in 1996 and manufactured in 1995, it had done 3,000 miles and all the suspension had bee black enameled, wide wheels fitted and an engine 100 bhp tune up, big bore ss exhaust etc. My brother was a wealthy builder but loved his Supra, he had it resprayed 3 years back and we took it to Chris Wilson for turbo attention, he only used it as a toy and over the past 20 years, it has to be one of the lowest mileage Supras in the UK and Europe,covered only 45,000 miles. We used to take the car to the IOM TT Races and he used to blow bikes off, the power was awesome. His daughter has all the MOT's and service history.

The car has a private plate RAJ 1, (Rodney Adrian Jones), which will be sold separately.

At this point in time we are open to best offers, i have asked Chris Wilson to give me an idea as to what it is worth?

No expense has been spared to date and some one will get a great car. Herbie. mob: 07814928237.

I have only just been informed that there is a forum rule that you have to quote the asking price for your sale. I do not have one, but i cannot see any problem for anyone who wants to pm me an offer. The club is to support supra people, and if a good car is for sale based on best offer, then what is the problem? If there is a valid reason, then i will withdraw my add. Herbie.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I think this may be a scam?

Raj 1 is on a 76 Ferrari! I know the owner lol

So what's deal?

I think this account has been jacked. Mods please look into it....

Unless you have the registration wrong? But why copy and paste a pm? Bit odd??

Hi Guys, I have just PMd Keron, the number plate is A1 RAJ, it was a typing error. I have tried contacting Chris three times yesterday, left him messages.

I coppied and pasted the reply i PMd to Keron to save re-typing the advert

I am trying to get some pics sorted and i want to confirm the mileage, also i need to settle an asking price with my brother's daughter.

I assure all of you that everything i have said is genuine, this is not a time for me to mess about, post my brother's death. Herbie.

RAJ'S NEW PLATES. NOV.2010..jpg (94.7 KB)

RAJ'S NEW PLATES. NOV.2010..jpg

Car ad and seller are totally legit, and the sad news of Herbie's brothers death is something that came as a real blow, he was a lovely guy.

I haven't seen the car for some time but when I last saw it it was a nice example, running fine with sensible mods.

I spoke with Herbie only an hour or so ago on the phone. Good luck with this very tragic sale Herbie, let me know if I can help at all. My condolences to you all

Hello Everyone, Many thanks for your comments, and the interest many of you have shown, it is much appreciated, as they say, "we come in with nowt, and we go out with nowt", however, "life must go on".

I bought this car from "Warender" in Bolton Lancs, it had 3,000 miles on it and was only 12 months old, it cost £32,000, my wife went ape shit as she was expecting a Rang Rover, anyway Adrian stepped in and sold his mk3 Supra, which was only 8 months old and bought the mark 4, he had a party at his "ponderosa" and all the guests were looking at this car in awe.

After three years i bought my Mk4 NA,manual, 12 months old, 3,000 miles on the clock,it was black and stock, i suffered for years with my brother saying my car was the whimp, i was 150 ish BHP behind, 18 months back i put my car 100 BHP over his car, he thought it was great, i realise that his car has the potential to go well above what i have.

The current situation is that my brother's estate is in probate but it should not take long, his daughter always loved the car, but it would be too powerful and she does not want the feelings it would bring.

Anyway Chris says it is well worth £9,500, it has always been in a heated garage and i have asked my brother's daughter to deliver the car to me as soon as the estate is signed off by the solicitors. I can then take pics and confirm the mileage and look at the general condition top side and underside, all be it i know what i will see, it always ran spot on apart from a complex ECU fueling issue some years back, which Chris sorted, mega improvement.

So i will put this up ASAP and may the best offer win, it is a rare "stock" car, low miles, and well cared for. Herbie.

Hi j-jza80 and style, As soon as i get the car i will review its condition and take some photographs etc. I take your advice and will set the asking price and accept the nearest offer., this is more or less what Chris advised me to do. Your input is appreciated, the Club members have been great. Herbie.

Hi j-jza80 and style, As soon as i get the car i will review its condition and take some photographs etc. I take your advice and will set the asking price and accept the nearest offer., this is more or less what Chris advised me to do. Your input is appreciated, the Club members have been great. Herbie.

Good man :thumbs:

Hi Everyone, Just looking at my old files and found these pics of my brother's car. I will post some current ones as soon as i get the car, but there will not be much difference. Herbie.

RAJ.AND HIS SUPRA.11.08.13.jpg (202.3 KB) RAJ.IHJ. RAJ'S SUPRA..jpg (178.7 KB) RAJ.SUPRA#1.11.08.13..jpg (205.7 KB)

RAJ.SUPRA#2.11.08.13.jpg (208.4 KB)

RAJ.SUPRA#3.11.08.13 - Copy.jpg (207.8 KB) RAJ'S SUPRA ENG..jpg (180.3 KB)

Hi Everyone, When my brother's daughter asked me to sell the car i put the word out right away to test the water for what these cars were being sold for, due to the probate with the solicitors releasing the car, which i did not know about, then there is a delay, and i ask interested parties to bare with me, it will be put on this club site for sale,as soon as it is delivered to my home. Herbie.

Hello Everyone, The solicitors are dragging their feet with my brother's estate, this is out of my control, so rather than leaving this situation dangling i will close this thread and give all who showed an interest in the car an assurance that i will advertise it on this club site as soon as i can.

In retrospect i should have realized that legal matters and probate can take weeks especially with a large estate. Herbie.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.