The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Air filter kit for UK spec

Karl M N

Hey guys. I'm wanting to get myself a front mount intercooler on the car. Since the stock air box is an obstruction I need to replace it but I can't find a kit for a UK spec. The things I have found specifically mention that they are not for UK or VVTI's, I wouldn't know why this is but I wont question it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? (assuming they do exist)

Thanks.

Hey guys. I'm wanting to get myself a front mount intercooler on the car. Since the stock air box is an obstruction I need to replace it but I can't find a kit for a UK spec. The things I have found specifically mention that they are not for UK or VVTI's, I wouldn't know why this is but I wont question it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? (assuming they do exist)

Thanks.

Its due to the UK/US and VVTi being MAF based.

Get the intercooler pipes altered so that they avoid the stock air box/pipe. :)

That will be my plan. Just more of a hassle for me lol.

Then again I guess if I speak to a trader about it and mention I'll have a stock airbox they'll have a good idea about what pipework I'll need anyway.

Thanks anyway guys.

Edited by Karl M N (see edit history)

When I fitted my fmic to my UK spec I cut the aluminium pipe as it came out the hole in the inner wing and replaced it with silicone pipe to pass over the airbox

Ah well if only I had known it was that simple. Luckily enough I have plenty of silicon tubes around.

Also SRD or Whifbitz can supply FMIC with the correct pipe to fit a standard UK/VVTI airbox and pipework.

You could just stick a SMIC on there to make your life easier if that interests you?

I already have a SMIC. I just have some spare cash laying around and really fancy having a front mount on. Would also give me something to do on a sunday.