The mkiv Supra Owners Club

unlucky

gaz1

hi people am i the unluckiest supra owner or what got my new supra 10 of jan. took it out first day under boost would cut out for a sec and the warning light come on, took it back to the garage got it back a week later same problem, took it back in they said it was over boosting said was an air leak, had it another week then they rang me to say it was sorted can pick it up. but working away so could not so arranged to pick it up on saturday end of jan, then they rang me on the friday saying they found another fault, apparently when it over boosted part of the sparkplug came off inside the engine knackering the piston and valve, so been in the garage since not really bitching about the garage as they seem to be doing as much as they can, and they sort me a car every weekend but had the motor about 7 weeks and not driven it more than 25 miles unlucky or what :violin:

Sorry to hear of your problems Gaz, sometimes life sucks. Hopefully you'll get it back on the road soon and you can enjoy Supra ownership.

In the mean time, may I recommend to you this book, so when you post in the future, we can all understand what the hell you are talking about.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1861976127/qid=1109407168/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-0173924-0639078

it sounds to me like u had a fuel cut defender problem, a had this on one of my cars, mine was excat problem as yours, to solve it got a fcd and then it was problem sorted :D

yeah ,garage thought that first but went with the air leak, now reckon its sorted, just got to put it back together.

Sorry to hear of your problems Gaz, sometimes life sucks. Hopefully you'll get it back on the road soon and you can enjoy Supra ownership.

In the mean time, may I recommend to you this book, so when you post in the future, we can all understand what the hell you are talking about.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1861976127/qid=1109407168/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-0173924-0639078

my, that is a bargain!