The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New airfilter

Kev.O

Hi everyone

I've just had a hks ssq bov and a hks airfilter fitter to my UK spec car. Only had the car 2 weeks so I'm still getting use to the shear speed of the beast, but not sure whether it's in my mind but when I drove her tonight she seemed slower on acceleration than before the airfilter mod. Is this possible or am I just getting use to the speed?

Thanks

Kev

A lot of people swear the standard Air box is better and greats more power than the aftermarket induction kits due to the fact that the induction kits suck all the hot air from the engine through them, whereas the standard box has a "snorkel" system to suck cold air from outside. However if yo uare like me and prefer to look and sound of the induction kit and decide to stick with it, then a heat shield may be a wise purchase. This is a sheet between the filter and the engine to cut down the heat a little. Also try extending the snorkel to just in front of the filter so that max cold air gets to it.

Hope that helps mate.

Does anyone rate the blitz nur spec r exhaust system, in two minds about getting one!!!

I personally love them, I had one on my S14 and have heard one on Lovatt's TT - they sound great and i believe they produce some of the best power gains from the jap zorsts. One issue is that they are tooo loud for some people and can drone on long motorway journies. This didnt bother me as i just loved the booming resonance noise it used to make. Backbox doesnt look as good as the HKS Dragger, but its all about performance isnt it?? Plus the HKS Dragger is mild steel and the Nur is full stainless :thanku:

Does anyone rate the blitz nur spec r exhaust system, in two minds about getting one!!!

Why a nur spec specifically? measure up your options!!

What are you after, value for money, longevity, noise, 'burble', ground clearance, etc... ???

Indicate your preferences and you'll get an opinion :)

the burble mainly, something not to 'boy racer' style, but something to complement my hks ssq bov

sorry mate but that’s pretty bloody general. The HKS SSQV has the worst BOV sound I've heard - it sounds more like a chav Fiesta Bov than anything!! You DO NOT want to be balancing the sound of that BOV with an exhaust, otherwise it'll sound like a frikken hair drier!! On the plus side the HKS SSQV is apparently one of the highest quality BOV's available so less likely to leak at high boost.

Trust me, you won't give a sh*t about the bov once you've heard a decatted TT with a decent exhaust. If you want burble and sheer noise then go for an RSR or NUR.

The NUR has poor ground clearance but is full S/S and is slightly quieter than the RSR. The RSR is the loudest I've heard and has the best ground clearance, but the mid pipe is mild steel - on the plus side its one of the cheapest 'good' exhausts available (around £400).

The Titanium exhausts I've heard are about on par with the NUR noise wise, but weigh a lot less, they do tend to cost a little more - £500 to £800.

Best advice I can give is to go to a few meets and see/hear for yourself :)