The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone seen this? White tt6 on ebay

Crash Bandicoot

On eBay,

Saw this turn up late last night on eBay, anyone else see it?

Stupidly cheap so I suspected a scam instantly.

I messaged over eBay at midnight to show interest along with a text message but as it was late said I'd call in the morning today.

eBay advert was ended just before I called.

Someone either got a silly bargain or it was put up for a laugh or quick money making scam.

Anyone on here to shed some light?

Yeah, more than likely. It's a shame, I have the money sat here and ability to collect at the drop of a hat. Would of defo been a keeper for me! Must have been the first to message them too. It appeared as I was searching and refreshed the page. Messaged instantly. Gutted. But that's the way the cookie crumbles I suppose

It's difficult because you don't want to hassle someone like this but you need to get to them to seal the deal....in future I'd call them instantly what's the worst that can happen? 5 mins on the phone with the right questions can usually give you a good indication of seller, unlucky though :(

I messaged the seller 15 minutes after the advert went live, saying that I would buy for it's asking price + a holding deposit. Right after this I tried calling but could not get through to his phone (at this time he was probably speaking to the lucky guy who got the car). I tried calling around 5 minutes later, and he answered.

He told me that someone else has arranged to view the car, but that he would call me of it fell through. He seemed like a nice, genuine guy to be honest, and he mentioned that he had priced it "aggressively". I was thinking at the time, mate, you have priced this way too low.

To be honest, I'm totally gutted that I missed out on this. I acknowledge that I hestitated calling him as soon as I had seen the advert on my phone. You win some, you lose some! First world problems and all that. :-)

I'm now more sure than ever that a Supra will need to be my next car (I think they look stunning in white, with minimal exterior mods). I think I would instantly regret buying a Lancer or Impreza now (which I've been checking for too). I do realise that I'll probably have to wait a while before I find a Supra which is right for me (months probably). Will have to stick with my boring ass Leon Cupra for now. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Can't blame them for trying. I hope they fixed the air con for that and not just hope no one will notice it isn't working. Also you have to hope they will be up front about the mileage discrepancy in the MOT history records and not just claim the miles are genuine. Its a small operator with no history or contact details beyond a mobile number so probably not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.