The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bonnet scoop (not U.K.)

JackyBoi

This is the scoop I'm talking about (bottom left of bonnet)

Does anyone know what they're called, or anyone who sells them, or even better a company that can have one made for my current OEM bonnet? I really like how it looks not to mention all that extra air for the turbo :p also what are people's opinions on them? (Personally I love it or obviously I wouldn't be writing this post!) thanks all

As above. Personally I wouldn't try fitting any aftermarket bonnet scoop to a Supra bonnet. It will need cutting and filling to look right, and the filler ALWAYS crack.

I had an aftermarket scoop fitted to my standard bonnet.

Never cracked once.

I've got more pictures somewhere.

I'll dig them out

IMG_3613.JPG

Fair one Al, but that's a first for me. :) I'm sure you'll have seen plenty that have cracked.

That looks spot on actually, doesn't look stuck in like most. Naz has a a starlet one on his which looks great, although I think I remember him saying that his was starting to go now, although i could well be wrong.

Oh this was years ago on my first supra.

Body shop in Wiltshire did the work.

The vent was an eBay one too.

To be honest, I loved the look.

On my next bonnet I will be getting another one doing.

Haven't decided which vent/scoop to use yet.

I like to be different :)

Plus it's functioning.

Fair one Al, but that's a first for me. :) I'm sure you'll have seen plenty that have cracked.

That looks spot on actually, doesn't look stuck in like most. Naz has a a starlet one on his which looks great, although I think I remember him saying that his was starting to go now, although i could well be wrong.

Yeah, but his is also dead centre so there would be more movement and heat I'm guessing.

Yeah, but his is also dead centre so there would be more movement and heat I'm guessing.

If you look really close you can see the rivots in mine but I do like that no one else has one :) also having options to add carbon accessories to it is the main reason why I did it :)

The issue with mine is that the bonnet is ali and the scoop is steel so there was no way to join them together. Also it looks a bit messed up from underneath but thats one of my jobs to do next is to tidy it up...AND also to straighten that IC :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=215407&stc=1&d=1477641454

attachment.php?attachmentid=215408&stc=1&d=1477641454

front end.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

supra_ufo_jr11_3.jpg