The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What 'cheap' wide wheels are people using?

HarleyFDMD

Im looking for options on some wide wheels that dont cost a fortune, ideally sub £1000 and with a minimum of a 10j rear although an 11j would be preferable.

My current wheels are staggered 9.5 fronts and 10 rear but the aggressive offset means i cant get a proper tyre on them which for the time being isnt so bad but come spring next year im hoping to have my big single build underway using a TT head on a GE block and aiming for over 500hp which is not something i want to put through a stretched 235 40 18!!

Eventually il look at a nice set of CCWs or WORKS but with the cost of the turbo build thats not something i can consider at the minute.

Iv found some really nice 11j xxrs but the et20 offset means i still cant get a proper tyre on, need it to be something like et35.

Id like something with abit of dish too but that might be asking too much considering.

I have a quality set of Wedssport rims for sale for less than a grand mate. Check my sig for the link.

These are a square set-up, same 10" width front and rear. It helps reduce understeer, which is something Toyota built into the car, with the use of a staggered wheel arrangement.

JamieP runs a similar set-up on the M3. It is a well-known method of improving the front end's behaviour when you need to be sure of its ability.

Just get the works dude :D I think driftworks do finance options if that helps?

Dont tempt me dave! I have already been on the phone to driftworks about there finance options and very nearly just thought fuck it but then my more sensible self prevailed.

Il check out the driftworks sales section squiffy, thanks

what would be the perfect offset for 11 inch wide - wondering if its possible an arch roll its avoidable..iv noted the massive lip but i wouldnt roll it up id flapper it out tbh

whats the width limit up front and rear with standard arches?

interesting thread as il be after some wide work meisters shortly so good to see some offset and width info flying around

what would be the perfect offset for 11 inch wide - wondering if its possible an arch roll its avoidable..iv noted the massive lip but i wouldnt roll it up id flapper it out tbh

whats the width limit up front and rear with standard arches?

interesting thread as il be after some wide work meisters shortly so good to see some offset and width info flying around

Something in the range of 45-50 offset for 11", after my own measurement CCW do the 11.5" in a 52 offset (they aren't official figures though so someone may correct me). But you would need to cut or role the arch lip.

My arches are all rolled completely flat which is a massive help.

I want a 295 tyre on the rear so an aggressive 11j with a small amount of stretch would be fine

/QUOTE]

You can go wider of you want

I have all my arches cut and the rears are 11.5j with a 315 tyre with no problems and fronts are 10.5 with 285

Have you thought about going 17s on the rear?

Ive been looking to do this late next year, 11.5j with a 305 or a 315 tyre on the rear. dunno how big a wall but bigger than a 18 would have so more grip. Just a thought.

Thats an interesting idea actually.. i hadnt thought of that tbh but might look into it!

Can I ask how flush your fronts are, any rubbing or other issues and are your front arches stock or rolled?

Same specs as me if you can remember the car from DB dude, front arches are rolled and on HSD coilovers. No issues with scrubbing at all.

Can I ask how flush your fronts are, any rubbing or other issues and are your front arches stock or rolled?

Same specs as me if you can remember the car from DB dude, front arches are rolled and on HSD coilovers. No issues with scrubbing at all.

As Style said I have all arches cut back and Tein coilovers and had no problems with rubbing so far. Though I have only driven it once with the new wheels on.

I only have a couple of pics with the new wheels so this is the only pic where you can kind of see how flush they are.. I still might lower the car a tiny bit yet too.