The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto on rolling road

hadyn

Im probably going to dyno my tt on a rolling road (not a dynapack) 2moro, and have done a search on how to correctly dyno an auto. Am i right in thinking the procedure is turn the OD off, put in MANU mode and leave it in D and then floor it once on the rollers?

Im probably going to dyno my tt on a rolling road (not a dynapack) 2moro, and have done a search on how to correctly dyno an auto. Am i right in thinking the procedure is turn the OD off, put in MANU mode and leave it in D and then floor it once on the rollers?

Going on the hassles I had with trying to get the auto on the RR, I would phone ahead and make sure that the place have done one before and are happy to do it.

Soul destroying driving on the rollers then being told "sorry can't do autos" :complain:

got 287bhp @ 5723 and 271 lbft@ 5043 rpm @ the fly...

not dissapointed with that, but they did have trouble dyno'ing an auto, and a lot of 200SX owners were getting readouts of about 40bhp less than they expected, so the rollers may have been a bit 'harsh'

got 287bhp @ 5723 and 271 lbft@ 5043 rpm @ the fly...

not dissapointed with that, but they did have trouble dyno'ing an auto, and a lot of 200SX owners were getting readouts of about 40bhp less than they expected, so the rollers may have been a bit 'harsh'

Yeah that does seem a little low for a TT. Have you still got both cats in?

What was the actual 'at the wheels' reading rather the guessed-at 'at the flywheel' estimate?

yep both cats in and only mods are k&n panel and hks dragger cat back, it took 3 hefty blokes at the back to hold my supra down :) and the bloody rollers went black with the amount of tyre tread it burnt off :)

not too worried as i said i'd be happy with 280, but i was expecting more like 320

at the wheels was 257 bhp