The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hkst51/6870

Supraleeturbo

So as some of you may know I'm doing a full engine build buy srd and now I'm stuck.

I absolutely love the T51 with the sound etc but it's only rated to 900 if I'm not mistaken, and is old school tech and journal, now the 6870 will do 1000hp will probably spool 1000 rpm faster and I can get a add on that makes it sound the T51.

So do I sell my T51 with the hks manifold and hks waste gate and go for the new srd manifold, hks type 2 waste gate and the 6870 !!!!!!

Also any comments from 6870 owners would be great i.e. When do you get full boost etc and how it feels/performs as a street as mine will see very little track time

Thank you all :-)

Not at all, it's just like the old T67 turbos except it makes loads more power if you want it

Spool is great, makes good power on pump fuel.

Best turbo around at the moment

Is a 6870 not a bit of a big turbo for a road car mate?

/QUOTE]

Not at all, it's just like the old T67 turbos except it makes loads more power if you want it

Ah ok, no experience personally so just wondering, havent heard of them being used widely just. Will this be one of the Gen2 ones?

I thought all the HK T51 turbos are double ball bearing not journal?

They are made for HKS by Garrett, another option would be to upgrade to a Garrett GTX CHRA and use your existing turbine and compressor housings. Should work out a lot cheaper than having to swap the rest of the kit.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Ah ok, no experience personally so just wondering, havent heard of them being used widely just. Will this be one of the Gen2 ones?

/QUOTE]

Still a relatively new turbo but we have done a few now and more cars being built now with it.

I thought all the HK T51 turbos are double ball bearing not journal?

They are made for HKS by Garrett, another option would be to upgrade to a Garrett GTX CHRA and use your existing turbine and compressor housings. Should work out a lot cheaper than having to swap the rest of the kit.

No they did journal bearing as well

Odd request but is there anyway you could send me some detailed pictures of the hks manifold when you have it off the car?

It's off the car now it's fully wrapped in titanium heat wrap and would prefer not to take that off as I'm still unsure if I'm going to keep or sell it yet, but if I was to sell them I'd sell it as a complete kit

6870 owner here. Couldn't agree more with the comment above. Best supra turbo at the moment, spool is incredible and power is epic.

6870 owner here. Couldn't agree more with the comment above. Best supra turbo at the moment, spool is incredible and power is epic.

What sort of rpm does full boost acure

- - - Updated - - -

Is the turbo still attached? It's just the flange I need a picture of

Yes turbo is still attached to the manifold mate

My SRD1000 setup is based on the 6870 turbo.

The performance is simpy mindblowing ..... so much more power than my old 6766 turbo at 900 bhp.

Here the dyno graph : 954 rhhp and 813 ftlbs at Abbey's hub dyno. Look at that torque !!

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac323/Luxluc/IMG-20160429-WA0002_zpsaujmrzpn.jpg

Luc you need to take me out in this bad boy