The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best place to buy Supra parts these days?

vmax2000cc

Same. Amayama usually.

I looked at them but their terms say if a part isn't available they will short ship which if you need all the parts for a particular job I'd imagine would be a nightmare. I use USA suppliers (Toyota Online mainly) who are the same price as Amayama but will only ship when the order is filled.

Steve Manley. He has provided me with 95% of my oem bits

/QUOTE]

You must have a direct line to him because he doesn't even bother quoting when I send over email requests. Maybe he just doesn't like email? No loss as other do respond just means I haven't bought anything via Steve Manley for probably 4 years now.

I looked at them but their terms say if a part isn't available they will short ship which if you need all the parts for a particular job I'd imagine would be a nightmare. I use USA suppliers (Toyota Online mainly) who are the same price as Amayama but will only ship when the order is filled.

I think whenever I ordered from them before I was given the option whether to wait until all parts are available, definitely worth checking! Because all of my parts were available at different times and they all arrived together.

Ive never emailed, always ring and get put through to him. He's only not been there once when I called.

/QUOTE]

I always end up talking to Steve, to check he has received the email as there is no come back. He has always got them but hasn't got around to answering them, he still hasn't got around probably 3 years later. Looks like he is a over the phone kind of guy, you'd imagine a typed list of OE part numbers and quantities would be a stockist dream to work with but it seems not.

Can't say I've ever had that issue and it does tell you when ordering what is/isn't in stock.

I always end up talking to Steve, to check he has received the email as there is no come back. He has always got them but hasn't got around to answering them, he still hasn't got around probably 3 years later. Looks like he is a over the phone kind of guy, you'd imagine a typed list of OE part numbers and quantities would be a stockist dream to work with but it seems not.

If ordering from them I always write my full list of parts with part numbers where I can, then give him a call, run through the whole list and he orders it straight in, few days later he calls back and I pay. Normally with me a few days after paying.

Can't comment on his response time to emails, but over the phone he is always nothing but professional and helpful.

Cj continues to help me to this day even after all these years.