The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Few pictures of my NA 5 as it currently sits

HarleyFDMD

Afew of you will have seen it on the various Facebook pages but for those of you that dont use Facebook here she is.

I did originally start a build thread but im terrible at keeping up to date with things like that.

Some of you might also remember it as skippyboy01s car.. much has changed since his ownership though.

It's a stunning car :cool: can't help but feel it would look better with less aggressive offset wheels, proper fitting tyres, and less negative camber on the rear. Can't be nice to drive lack that, so little contact area on the rear tyres.

Your right.

The camber is going and the tyres will be replaced with some slightly wider ones.

Currently have a 225 on the front and a 235 on the rear.

Im going to put a 235 on the front and a 245 on the rear when i come to replace them.

There will still be a small amount of stretch but it will be more subtle.

Tbh the car handles fine... yes it wont be comparable to a properly set up track car but for road use its fine

Leave it looking how it is dude. Looks immense!

I will do, although i do need to sort out the tyres and rear camber.

My rear tyres have 7mm of tread on the outside but are pretty much slick now on the inside!

I set the camber arms to have maximum negative camber when i did the rear subframe rebuild purely because i wasnt sure whether my tyres would rub because id also gone up a width with them. They were 225 40s on a 10j when i bought them!

Once i realised everything was ok and without any rubbing i took it for wheel alignment, was told everything had been set to within manufacturers tolerances and that was that.

Then a couple weeks later i had the car on the ramps at work and noticed they hadnt touched the camber atall and that it was still 100% negative.

Rang the place up and the twat tried telling me that he couldnt adjust it because "it had siezed" funny that, they were brand new Toyota bolts with brand new bushes greased and fitted the day before!

I was refunded the £80 he'd charged me but just havnt got round to finding someone else to do it

Looks great but a 10" rim wants a 255 or 265 on it really

Yeah i know, i didnt put the 225 on. It was the previous owner of them. They were stupidly stretched!

Its got 235s on now but next time il go for either a 245 or 255. Need to be careful because the offset is very aggressive and i dont want them rubbing.. particularly once iv straightened up the rear wheels

Looks awesome :) would rolling the arches get you more room for bigger tyres? or cutting them?

looks great as it is :)

All my arches are rolled lol 😂

To be honest i do have quiet alot of space, i was just abit cautious at first, granted stretched tyres arnt considered safe but id certainly consider them safer than rubbing.

And before someone chirps in.. yes im fully aware i could 'buy wheels that fit'

Your right.

The camber is going and the tyres will be replaced with some slightly wider ones.

Currently have a 225 on the front and a 235 on the rear.

Im going to put a 235 on the front and a 245 on the rear when i come to replace them.

There will still be a small amount of stretch but it will be more subtle.

Tbh the car handles fine... yes it wont be comparable to a properly set up track car but for road use its fine

235 on the front is a good size, but the rears will really need to be a 255 minimum when its turbocharged, and if I'd say ideally 275. I think you'll be surprised at how differently it drives once you make the changes though, ride quality especially.

Looking forward to seeing how it develops, which headlights does it currently have? (2 different types in the pics)