The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Show me your Toucan

Big Mark

I spent a lot of time getting mine right, as I wanted as near to factory look as possible. I think it's worked out pretty well

imageimage

be aware that the toucan displays are terrible for glare, so if you're bothered about looking at it while driving, mount it accordingly.

If you want no glare then mount it in the R/H vent. Personally I dont want to see it atall, so I shall route it to the glove box as I only generally leave it in high boost anyway.

Wouldnt it be alot easier and cheaper to just use a CAL switch for switching maps then?

Doesnt make sense to buy this and hide it and not look at it lol

Wouldnt it be alot easier and cheaper to just use a CAL switch for switching maps then?

Purely for switching maps, yes. But Toucan gives you full gauge displays, including peak hold, and allows for a pin lockable immobiliser or valet map. Even out of sight, you can is superior to CLA switches.

It can be a very distracting thing to have in the cabin, I'm forever playing with it while driving! But it is also a very useful bit of kit both for map switching and locking the maps. Also it helps with fault finding and generally keeping an eye on things without having to plug in a laptop. When I was bedding in my new clutch I set it to sound an alarm if I hit more than 0.5 bar just so I wasn't constantly thinking about it, and it also has visual warnings whilst the car is warming up so I know when I can boot it! Lol

Yes and no, if something goes wrong or starts to go wrong, alarms go off and you can always see what the problem is, with just a cal switch, you don't have this luxury unless you carry a laptop in the car all the time.

By the time you will notice something is wrong, its usually too late anyway ;)

• 3 months later...
If I was to fit one now I would consider putting in place of the stereo, this could be moved to the glovebox (I only listen to talksport or music from my iphone anyway)

If you were going to do that, you'd be better with the Syvecs Bluetooth app and either using an Android double din screen, or fitting a tablet to the stereo area.

• 1 month later...