The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre options for dry/all weather conditions

ShawnPreece

When the Supra comes back out after the winter I will be having 2 sets of wheels... 1 iv decided on and ordered which is all about the dry weather grip but also il be having a second set for weekend trips etc where I could potentially be caught out by some rain.

Just after some opinions on what tyres are great in the dry as I will only be taking it out in dry weather but also not horribly skiddy in the wet just incase I do get caught out :)

The sizes im after will be 265/35/18 fronts and 315/30/18 rears so they must be available in these sizes...

Thanks in advance for any opinions :)

Alot of good reviews from the pilot sports so thats looking good thanks guys :)

I've just bought Yokohama Neova AD08R for mine. Won't go on until single conversion is finished but wanted something to put the power down that wasn't tricky in the wet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215193[/ATTACH]

A friend of mine also mentioned these and he rated them highly too thanks :)

My Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas have been a fantastic tyre, in all weather conditions. Unfortunately they've been discontinued now and replaced with the Vorti, has anyone tried these yet?

Yeah iv used them on my dailys and I totally agree I love them in the wet they grip brilliant but couldn't find any in the size I want, although I didnt realise until you just said that they have been discontinued so that might be why lol, yeah would be interested to hear if someone has tried the Vorti

The Michelin Pilot sports are seeming the best choice from the amount of recommendations :)

They are more expensive than my R888's were though at £383.70 but gotta pay for decent rubber.

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=110&cart_id=55876813.110.7866&Breite=315&Quer=30&Felge=18&Speed=&kategorie=6&Marke=Michelin&ranzahl=4&S_Z=&tyre_for=&x_tyre_for=&Herst=Michelin&rsmFahrzeugart=PKW&search_tool=standard&Label=E-A-74-2&details=Ordern&typ=D-113181

The Michelin Pilot sports are seeming the best choice from the amount of recommendations :)

They are more expensive than my R888's were though at £383.70 but gotta pay for decent rubber.

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=110&cart_id=55876813.110.7866&Breite=315&Quer=30&Felge=18&Speed=&kategorie=6&Marke=Michelin&ranzahl=4&S_Z=&tyre_for=&x_tyre_for=&Herst=Michelin&rsmFahrzeugart=PKW&search_tool=standard&Label=E-A-74-2&details=Ordern&typ=D-113181

I've never used Michelin tyres so can't compare but are they really worth that much

when you can get Pirelli PZero Rosso's for around £200 each ?

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I've never used Michelin tyres so can't compare but are they really worth that much

I had pzero Rosso's on an old set of wheels I bought and thought they were rubbish tbh. I'll be buying Pilot Sports next whenever my OEM wheels need new tyres for sure! (If I'm not rubbing pennies together at the time) lol

On the 996 the PZero were terrible, switched back to Pilot Sports and all was well again :D

I had pzero Rosso's on an old set of wheels I bought and thought they were rubbish tbh. I'll be buying Pilot Sports next whenever my OEM wheels need new tyres for sure! (If I'm not rubbing pennies together at the time) lol

On the 996 the PZero were terrible, switched back to Pilot Sports and all was well again :D

Iv never experienced them myself but my ex had them on her Evo X and she used to complain about them being bad so thats all iv had to go on lol