The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Good evening all newbie here 😳

Danhook97

Hi everyone,

Ive came to a big decision in my life where im only 19 but i need a supra, a good friend of mine shawn preece has told me to get on the forum.

Unfortunately im currently driving a honda civic haha, and im trying to gather up the best way of owning a supra

I have a budget of around 10k so im unsure whether i would be better off buying a manual n/a or a twin turbo to build from the ground up if i could afford it.

Im not clued up on the price of supra parts so any help with trying to get started would be great

Thankyou all.

Hello Dan and welcome to the forum, I think your first thing would be to see how much insurance will be if you can get it with you being only 19, and work from there as in costs etc etc, Shaun will guide you in the right direction he knows a fair bit about supra,s and parts etc

Cheers

-Ian-

Hi everyone,

Ive came to a big decision in my life where im only 19 but i need a supra, a good friend of mine shawn preece has told me to get on the forum.

Unfortunately im currently driving a honda civic haha, and im trying to gather up the best way of owning a supra

I have a budget of around 10k so im unsure whether i would be better off buying a manual n/a or a twin turbo to build from the ground up if i could afford it.

Im not clued up on the price of supra parts so any help with trying to get started would be great

Thankyou all.

Oh no cant get away from you now :p :rlol: glad to see you signed up bud loads of awesome people on here with a mass amount of knowledge and everyone is so helpful too :)

p.s. welcome to the forum :D

I bet that's a UK spec though. You won't find a manual UK spec for anywhere near £10k at the moment. You'll get an auto for a bit more, but insurance is more expensive on them. Imports are much more expensive to insure.

I never used to have a problem with uk spec to jspec quotes in my younger days, I was 19 when I had my first tt6 and I just got aload of online quotes for a uk spec as they wouldn't do online quotes for imports then but then just call them and state all the details are correct apart from the fact it was a import rather than a uk spec and most of the time they kept the same quote and when they changed it they were only a little extra, this was 10 year ago mind when I was 19 thou so know idea if it's still the same :rlol: is worth checking this out Dan

IIRC it was around £600 difference for me when I was 23. (10 years ago)

Same as me I got quotes thinking its only £300 more then my fiesta bought it changed over the insurance giving the reg then was told it was a import and that would be an extra £800 but I had already bought the car so had no choice lol

Hi everyone,

Thankyou all.

Hi and welcome, go for tt auto for that budget. The auto is v good if you haven't tried one yet