The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Sub Project - 4 spoke steering Centre Controller System

Nodalmighty

My airbags were sold years ago, but I still have the steering wheel. The Supra currently has a sparco one pence piece fitted which is far too small. Warner moaned like fuck after I decommissioned the PS Pump (as it's also a pusher at the moment as I sold the ECU too :innocent:).

The plan has always been to do something with the stock wheel, get it alcantara'd, keep the rear plastics and make (well Wife make) a nice box to fit where the air bag was and make some paddles . In said box at the core is a QVGA OLED screen. There will be buttons, 10k pots and encoders a plenty to control all the various systems on the car inc databurst capture from the Link Fury and 2 comm channels to the 2 virtual loom boxes (Lights, Horn Washer motor control etc.).

Unfortunately, trying to pass any comms through the slip rings is never going to happen so it will have to be hard lines. I've just ordered the 19core spiral cable (used on CNC remote control modules). :)

This should compliment the 3 LCD/OLED combination screens in the main cluster. The speedos 2.8" QVGA LCD was done years ago, the tacho needle will stay and be joined by a smaller 1.7" OLED under the needle (I have already done this for someone else). The Temp/Fuel will host another 2.8" QVGA LCD.

I don't have to refit the stalks now or any other switch gear other than the Master Cut Off, Main Relay and circuit breakers.

Then there is the 24" Monitor and the incar PC but that's a story for a another day ;)

Lyndon.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)