The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manual NA or TT Auto

Wonga Spar

After months of searching I'm writing this as more of an appeal to members that are on-the-fence about selling but can't be dealing with the hassle.

My budget is £9,0000 (won't part with more than 6k for an NA-5).

Ideally sound mechanical condition, adverse to ludicrous bodykits/colours but other than that if you're pricing it well and not more than 4 hours away I'm interested!

Still slim pickings isn't it? :(

It is indeed... some really interesting cars are coming and going at decent prices, there always just seems to be a deal-breaker to get in the way.... normally location/colour/suspicious circumstances. Seen a few NA-5's at 4-5k that look interesting, but they're always just a bit too risky to really jump on.

Yeah I'd noticed that, it does look lovely, probably the best condition I've seen. It's 3 hours away though and I'm yet to be convinced on the NA-Autos, I just think it'd get a bit boring to drive. Saying that I've still not driven one so I could be completely mistaken! Thanks for posting! :)

Yeah I'd noticed that, it does look lovely, probably the best condition I've seen. It's 3 hours away though and I'm yet to be convinced on the NA-Autos, I just think it'd get a bit boring to drive. Saying that I've still not driven one so I could be completely mistaken! Thanks for posting! :)

Far from boring m8, kick down is fab, semi manual mode is brill, best of both worlds. You need to sit in one.

Far from boring m8, kick down is fab, semi manual mode is brill, best of both worlds. You need to sit in one.

Hmmm you're starting to convince me. Sure you're not in cahoots with Keron? :D I am starting to think spending an extra £1,500 just for clutch doesn't make a lot of sense....

Hmmm you're starting to convince me. Sure you're not in cahoots with Keron? :D I am starting to think spending an extra £1,500 just for clutch doesn't make a lot of sense....

If you were nearer you could see mine in action. Trackday at 3 sisters was fab in semi manual mode. If I was to buy a 10-20000 supra (when I can afford) I'd buy auto and mod with David P, then make it flappy paddle.

If you were nearer you could see mine in action. Trackday at 3 sisters was fab in semi manual mode. If I was to buy a 10-20000 supra (when I can afford) I'd buy auto and mod with David P, then make it flappy paddle.

Appreciate the offer :) I don't think you'd need 10-2000, there's a gorgeous red auto TT on ebay at the moment for £6500-£7500! Can't for the life of me understand why it's been on there for nearly a month! The auto gearbox doesn't REALLY scare me off, it's the combination of Auto and 225bhp, with Supra maintenance costs, 20mpg and all the fun stuff that comes with 20-year-old cars thrown on top! Just doesn't seem like a combination that screams "buy me instead of a 3-series". I might just have to test one...

The paint work on the red TT is bad hence the price.. if you're handy with a rotary polisher and cutting compound, would probably sort it out.

Surely rough paintwork isn't enough reason to be up for that cheap? Have you seen it in person? It's a really long way to go to risk disappointment.

I don't think you should worried about distance buddy. As you you know they are few and far between. You need to be willing to travel to find the one you want. If your disappointed with the viewing just class it as a day out /road trip. All part of the fun.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.