The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello! Looking for some help/advice.

Guest Supradreams

Guest Supradreams

Hello Everyone! Short intro. I am buying a 1998, RHD, automatic, N/A, with 123k kilometers on it towards the end of November. It was imported to Canada from Japan in 2014, and I live in Las Vegas. So I am looking for help/suggestions on how to get this car in to the US. I have sent an email to Toyota requesting help as well as I am pretty sure I need a o get a letter from them stating it conforms or does not conform to US regulations. I also am considering my options of flying up to Canada and driving it 18 hours back, or if I want to hire a transporter. Thanks in advance for any and all help. I look forward to being an active member of the forum.

This will be a project for me as I will be swapping to a 6 speed manual tranny, add a turbo, and convert it to a targa top.

image.jpeg

image.jpg

Hi and Welcome

Cant help with any of your questions i'm afraid, have a look on the US mkiv site http://www.supraforums.com/forum/

Regarding the targa top you'll have to re shell it i'd have thought, i think if you want a targa top

you'd be best off buying one and doing your mods etc to that.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Guest Supradreams

thanks for the welcome! If I can find a way to get the vehicle in to the US, I will definitely put together a build thread. From some pretty extensive research so far, it is not looking good. I will keep this post updated with my efforts.

B