The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Road legal tyres...

ShawnPreece

Been looking around at tyres and these Mickey Thompson's (in the link below) say they are dot stamped and road legal... The website is from the states, do hey have different laws on what is road legal to us here in the UK or would these be road legal here too? Just asking as they dont look it to me but hoping they are :D

https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETStreetR

Unfortunately the laws are different over here and, strictly speaking, they're not road legal. They also have to be E marked to be legal over here. But are fair game in the States I think R888's is about as close as you can get to road legal slicks

dammit I was thinking that might be the case but was hoping otherwise lol, yeah I was using R888's before but was hoping to go for something with a bigger tyre wall, thinking these would be fine though... https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETStreetSS just finding them in the size I want is tricky

Unfortunately the laws are different over here and, strictly speaking, they're not road legal. They also have to be E marked to be legal over here. But are fair game in the States I think R888's is about as close as you can get to road legal slicks

Different uses though. The Toyos are for circuit driving, not drag racing.

You want the Mickey Thompson ET Streets. Just dont use them in the wet :D

haha I know R888's were bad enough mate :hide:

gunna be running two sets of wheels one set with all round tyres on just for if im away anywhere for a few days so i dont get caught anywhere with rain and another set with these for general use (on dry days) :)