The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help me identify what these 'bits' are from under my seat

marbleapple

Evening all,

The car came with a black roof lining and a grey carpet. The carpet looked a little messy so I have removed the carpet, given it a clean and then dyed it black. I'm really happy with the change.

Whilst messing around with the car I spotted the following 2 items. Please can people more knowledgeable than me shed some light on what they actually are?

Cheers

Directly under the drivers seat:

Under the passenger side carpet in the footwell. The cables appear to vanish into the floor.

The first image is the wireless door control module (remote key). If you have an aftermarket alarm this will be redundant.

I would love to know where the loom to this module goes and how it connects. I'm retrofitting this module to my car and can't work out how it is wired in.

No idea on the second set of wires. Looks aftermarket is all I can glean.

The first image is the wireless door control module (remote key). If you have an aftermarket alarm this will be redundant.

I would love to know where the loom to this module goes and how it connects. I'm retrofitting this module to my car and can't work out how it is wired in.

Thanks for clarifying. I've put the carpet back now so I'm afraid I can't help you. All I remember is that it went into the right hand corner and I assume into the engine bay. I have an aftermarket alarm so I assume it is redundant.

Actually on a second look haven't got a bloody clue what all those wires are:search:

Your post made me smile. I'm glad I am not the only one! At the moment I have come to the only natural conclusion... the ejector seat wiring would usually connect into it.

How easy was it to take out and dye the carpet?

Very easy. Anyone who knows me will confirm that I don't know the difference between a spark plug and a light bulb.

There is a really good guide on the forum which takes you through step by step. Its just a matter of unbolting things and it comes out. Took me about 1.5 hours to remove, 30 minutes to spray and then just put it all back together again.