The mkiv Supra Owners Club

(Another) What's it worth?

Tsia

Hi all,

No longer interested in owning a Supra so wanted to gauge how much it's worth.

Engine Spec:

Engine recently rebuilt with 86.5mm pistons (MK Autos, Blackburn - reputable engine builder)

Head rebuilt at same time

Borg Warner S362 turbo

Whifbitz twin wastegate manifold

Twin 40mm Turbosmart wastegates (with screamer pipes)

Turbosmart BOV

Mishimoto intercooler with custom pipework

Mishimoto rad

SARD 720cc Injectors

Link G4 Storm ECU (Needs remap - explained below)

A340E Automatic box with twin coolers

UK brakes

Bad points:

Car needs a remap. Doesn't idle very well and runs very rich according to the guys at my local dyno.

Sideskirt (passenger side) is cracked

Rota GTR wheels could do with a refurb

Paint was bubbling around windscreen so this has been sanded back and smoothed, but needs painting. (caused by a chip back to bare paintwork when the windscreen was replaced quite some time ago. All rust has been removed)

Interior carpet is a bit tatty

Front bumper is pretty stonechipped

Few of the usual 'tesco dents' in the doors

IMG_20160820_190806.jpg

IMG_20160514_144613 (1).jpg

IMG_20160520_092252.jpg

IMG_20160906_184808.jpg

screamers.jpg

Edited by Tsia (see edit history)

Did you not get a remap after having the engine rebuilt? Who mapped the Link originally mate?

It would probably sell for significantly more than the cost of a remap if it was running 100%. tricky one

Honestly can't afford the time nor cash to get the map done. It was road mapped originally, but it hasn't held up very well. Wasn't mapped by a trader on here so I won't name names. The complete and utter destruction of my bank account is why I'm finally throwing the towel in ;)

Edited by Tsia (see edit history)

Honestly can't afford the time nor cash to get the map done. It was road mapped originally, but it hasn't held up very well. Wasn't mapped by a trader on here so I won't name names. The complete and utter destruction of my bank account is why I'm finally throwing the towel in ;)

Ah right. Fair one. Sorry to hear that!

WHAT!!!! You've not long had the rebuild done. Seen this in the flesh really nice car would be awesome with a proper map.

Good luck with the sale mate

Cheers, mostly this thread is to gauge what I want to do with it, but its been in a non driveable state for too much of its life. On one hand, it's 'nearly' there - but on the other, I have to draw a line somewhere and say enough is enough.

Do you have a ruff price you would be happy to sell at.

Clueless to be honest. I've seen so many threads recently for single supras that it's really hard to gauge a price for it in it's current condition. If the 'judged' amount is too low for comfort, i'd probably store it up for a while and just come back to it in a few months/years - even though that's not the most sensible option. Just trying to weigh up the decision really :(

Don't suppose you'd break it for parts?

Genuine 1A1, original engine and auto gearbox.

You CAN NOT break a genuine MSB Supra!

If the 'judged' amount is too low for comfort, i'd probably store it up for a while and just come back to it in a few months/years

If you can afford to store it for a few years why not do that? You have an original rare colour Supra that should appreciate more in time than other colours

Theres a sorted single auto on here now I think for 12k? Here or the Facebook group. Given the issues maybe 10?

That sounds about fair - thanks. As I've said above bit of an opportunity has reared its head regarding the map, so I'll investigate that avenue first of all before making a decision.