The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Button Advice? One For The Electric Guros

a98pmalcolm

Hey all, I'm going to fit a Sparco steering wheel single button kit for rolling anti-lag.

But the kit also comes as a double button kit.

So I was thinking the other button could be used for my PTT kenwood button which would be so handy rather than reach over on my dash.

Now normal switch would work like :

When closed

earth - switch - earth

When open (when switch pressed)

earth-------earth

switch

But with the Kenwood PTT uses a button switch, so when you press it once it then asks for a voice command.

The PTT button switch is connected to the headunit via a mini jack (like an audio one) Would the single wire that goes into the button switch be an earth, and when pressed there is a built in earth on the switch?

Bit of a confusing one but any advice would be great.

Thanks

So I would like this button below to go into the sparco steering wheel button

If I've understood you correctly, you're after a 'momentary push button switch' to replace the latching sparco buttons?

Like these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/261161661277?lpid=122&chn=ps&googleloc=1007167&poi=&campaignid=661219804&device=c&adgroupid=33170564523&rlsatarget=pla-257284469200&adtype=pla&crdt=0

EDIT: Ignore me, I've just checked the sparco steering wheel buttons and they are already momentary contact. Of course they would be if I'd have thought about it for a second, you wouldn't have a horn button as a latched switch lol I'm having one of those days today :/

So it looks to me you could just wire up the PTT button to the Sparco button.

Edited by Burna (see edit history)