The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Compiling my own service schedule

samdale

Does anyone have a TT6 service schedule in English? (If it makes a difference, mine is vvti)

Currently looking through this http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?56684-FAQ-Oil-Fluid-Interval-Capacity-Steering-Brake-Coolant-Diff-Engine and deciding on what fluids etc I am going to use and at what intervals.

I'm going to be doing all servicing myself so want to get it organised from day 1 and keep good records of it all.

Although the above link is very informative I'm missing information on the "non-fluid" service items. I'm looking at compiling all the service info into a spreadsheet with costs, intervals, hyperlinks to buy items, quantities etc. An original Toyota column and a "my preference" column. An OEM+ service schedule if you will.

Any help much appreciated. Will be happy to share said document once compiled for constructive criticism and/or use by others. We'll try and keep it civil as it seems a LOT of the intervals are personal preference (3-9000mile oil changes, or do you change every 6/9/12 months regardless? Is just one example)

Some very old 'uk' service interval info here

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?378-Service-Interval&highlight=service+interval

On a TT I'd try and stick to 4,500 miles re the oil/filter, may be 6,000 if using fully synthetic and stock/very mild bpu. In my opinion the other fluids are far less important re change intervals.

Age related items (rather than service items per se) if they've never been touched could be as follows

Cam cover gaskets

Breather pipes and valves

Coil pack connectors

Coolant hoses

Sequential Turbo hoses

Radiator

Crank pulley

Intercooler

I'm just saying this as if you are keeping the car for the long haul a new £300 crank pulley may be a more wise first buy than, for example setting about changing the coolant, diff, gearbox fluid etc. Even better if you can do it all. Most of the above near 20 year old bits are a once in a ownership expense (may be a 10 year interval if you wanted to put a figure on it?) and you may as well do some of them right away rather than wait.

Crank pulley can have a dramatic (costly) failure mechanism so rises to near the top IMO. Have a really good look around the car and try and assess the more urgent bits :)

There more I keep reading on this forum, the more I keep finding that wants/needs doing. I'm finding things quicker than I can do them.

With that in mind I want to get all the things I find in one place so I don't forget about them. Maybe I should add a separate "age related" section to the spreadsheet to lust these items?

Mine is a pretty much stock vvti TT6 approaching 60k miles. With this in mind and some limited, non-translated Japanese service history, I'm working on the assumption that it needs one of everything.

Maybe if others are going to use it I'll add links to "how to" guides found on the forum.

Yours probably doesn't need much at present, no harm in doing various bits to give yourself a good clean slate/fresh start but I wouldn't worry too much.

Should have added underneath removing the little plastic cover over the brake and fuel hardlines would be another point of call for me on any newly acquired Supra, like the crank pulley, problems in this area can be serious. It's probably fine, not trying to be negative etc just trying to point out things that are nice to know are either ok or need attention now/soon.