The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Guy from Japan

Guest MK Designz

Guest MK Designz

Hello everyone,

My name is Matt I own MK Designz here in Okinawa Japan. Know a few guys around the forums and have lurked for a few years. Recently picked up a 93 N/A Auto Supra that was GTE swapped. Almost done doing a full tear down. Will be repainting then rebuilding it after that. Will also post up the build progress pretty routinely as I go through it on my IG @MK_Designz

For the price I paid I can't complain on condition. I also own a manual swapped 2nd Gen Toyota Aristo V300. Figured I would finally sign up.

13567047_10153510806502811_1409928631832127598_n.jpg 13567301_597584203752666_6431995913390952063_n.jpg

Welcome in :).

I am sure plenty of people will be very much looking forward to following your progress.

Quiet a few people see your car as the holly grail, emerald green aero top.

Everyone loves pictures and updates, so certainly don't be shy.

Good luck with your plans ;)

PS. Very cool your in Japan still flying the Supra flag.

Guest MK Designz

Well my shop isn't a shop perse not at this point in time anyways lol long story. Thanks for the warm welcome. Sadly the car is not an original color. 3L2 is the original color. Since it is a very common color I will be changing it completely. I will upload some pics of the Aristo when I am on the computer (won't let me from my phone). Still got to paint it also and finish my interior. She is my daily and bagged but won't hesitate to slide when needed.

Guest MK Designz

Richie,

I am painting the inside/outside/underneath completely. Just ordered my ABFLUG ver 1 Front bumper. (have a lot to order still: TS CF Hood, CF Hatch, Interior will be semi custom, Sard GT wing, I will rebarrel my Equip 05s to fit OEM +50mm rear fenders, and Do-Luck +25mm fronts, OEM or similar side skirts, Suspension will be Air Ride more than likely with Accuair E-level with KSport Strut Bags, I have 1 of my 2JZGTEs torn down at the moment. Will run CP Pistons, Eagle or Carillo rods, Crank unsure of at the moment. (Debated on a 3.2L but decided not needed), BW S400SX3 turbo, Full Race or UP turbo manifold. (has HKS Super Dragger exhaust). Either stock modified or aftermarket intake manifold. Haltech PS2000, wire tuck, engine bay will be shaved, CD009 6spd swap.

I have a huge list of plans that I made as soon as I got it. 2 biggest factors obviously time and money. I think it will take only a few years to finish but we shall see. The goal is to make just a fun weekend car that I can have fun in. Currently working on the engine bay, just need to cut out a few things, weld them up then start painting the engine bay. Car will be blue with HOK kandy purple for the engine bay, Subframes and everything will be sand blasted and repainted. All arms will be FIGS and re-sprayed to match either the car or engine bay or gloss black. Will do a fiberglass enclosure for 2 DC Audio 10s in the back. Will also be doing a false rear seat for everything that is relocated to the back of the car. (sorry for the long list)

Pics of daily Aristo (Should be painted at the end of the year, already picked up all the paint for it....just need the time)

12342858_10153304683952811_8911504368791325553_n.jpg

13598845_10153502063912811_1597143707_n.jpg

Guest MK Designz

We have biannual inspections and annual road tax. Essentially about 200 a year for road tax (SOFA Status) and Inspection+weight+Japanese insurance is around 600. Then you have your annual insurance. Roughly for me around 200-400 a year depending on car. Supra is around 400 a year and Aristo 200 a year. Sports car vs sedan.

Richie,

I am painting the inside/outside/underneath completely. Just ordered my ABFLUG ver 1 Front bumper. (have a lot to order still: TS CF Hood, CF Hatch, Interior will be semi custom, Sard GT wing, I will rebarrel my Equip 05s to fit OEM +50mm rear fenders, and Do-Luck +25mm fronts, OEM or similar side skirts, Suspension will be Air Ride more than likely with Accuair E-level with KSport Strut Bags, I have 1 of my 2JZGTEs torn down at the moment. Will run CP Pistons, Eagle or Carillo rods, Crank unsure of at the moment. (Debated on a 3.2L but decided not needed), BW S400SX3 turbo, Full Race or UP turbo manifold. (has HKS Super Dragger exhaust). Either stock modified or aftermarket intake manifold. Haltech PS2000, wire tuck, engine bay will be shaved, CD009 6spd swap.

I have a huge list of plans that I made as soon as I got it. 2 biggest factors obviously time and money. I think it will take only a few years to finish but we shall see. The goal is to make just a fun weekend car that I can have fun in. Currently working on the engine bay, just need to cut out a few things, weld them up then start painting the engine bay. Car will be blue with HOK kandy purple for the engine bay, Subframes and everything will be sand blasted and repainted. All arms will be FIGS and re-sprayed to match either the car or engine bay or gloss black. Will do a fiberglass enclosure for 2 DC Audio 10s in the back. Will also be doing a false rear seat for everything that is relocated to the back of the car. (sorry for the long list)

Pics of daily Aristo (Should be painted at the end of the year, already picked up all the paint for it....just need the time)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]214826[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]214827[/ATTACH]

Nice, lots planned for a daily car! :)

The Aristo is cool, would love a big family car to drift in, Supra will have to do for now though..!

Richie,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]214826[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]214827[/ATTACH]

Sounds like you have some really nice plans. Good luck with the build :)

You should definitely keep us informed here with plenty of pictures ;)