The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PAINT WORK Question?

IDO

Hello....

I have just tacken delivery of my first supe, A white (yes white) Jap N/A..

one small problem.. Paint work..

I have a blemish on the offside rear panel.. not very big, just a couple of inches long, it does not look like a scratch as the main paintwork looks ok, just the very top "lacker" like coating has flaked..

any advice on how to get this sorted without a costly respray? also don't really want to respray as trying to colour match the old paint may be a pain even though its only white, i fear a new white would show and may look like a bad "patch" repair?

Anyone with any ideas, or had a problem like this?

Guest slow dog

i have a man in basingstoke very cheap and very good at what he does

probley sort it out for a couple of quid gimme a pm with your number and i will sort you out............

That's doesn't sound right to me (not that I'm any expert)

I can't see why you couldn't re-laquer a panel or area.

Where's Dude or Lovatt when you need them? :)

You cant just re-laquer Jake as you cant rub the sharp edge of the original flaky laquer away , +++ you need to find out why its coming away from the white basecoat .

Dude :tumble:

You cant just re-laquer Jake as you cant rub the sharp edge of the original flaky laquer away
OK, in this case where the laquer is flaking I can see what you mean. Perhaps I misunderstood what Rosie meant, I thought she was saying you can't just reapply laquer over existing paint.

OK, in this case where the laquer is flaking I can see what you mean. Perhaps I misunderstood what Rosie meant, I thought she was saying you can't just reapply laquer over existing paint.

say you have a repair in the middle of a door,some people would dust the white over the repair then laquer the full door to blend it in. :taped:

say you have a repair in the middle of a door,some people would dust the white over the repair then laquer the full door to blend it in. :taped:

Correct but you would need to feather the flaking laquer then ideally prime over the repair and dust the white on then laquer , if you go edge to edge with the colour you risk a mismatch of colour , Upol even do a laquer that is slightly yellowed to simulate ageing !!!! :thanku:

Dude :swear: