The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel pressure regulators

Jellybean

Might be a good sticky on frp feedback

Question for members running a braided line , replacing the fuel pulsation damper

I read majority of aftermarket fpr have a fuel pulsation damper built in

I have a Sytec (FSE) frp , after I installed a braided line , I notice gurgling and ticking to the point it is an annoyance, I don't believe it is something you have to just put up with

Wondering if other members have experienced this?

What FRP you are running ?

Good to get feedback on and if the have a fuel pulsation damper built in

AEM

Fuel Lab

Bosch Motorsport

Sytec

Years ago when i built my impreza i did a lot of homework and the general advice was to stay clear of sytec/FSE or cheap regulators in general. They were notorious for failure and i installed Fuel Labs equipment instead. The quality was top notch and even though i was utilizing all 3 ports on it (impreza parallel setup) it still had space for a pressure gauge. For something that does such an important job - and if your putting it on your pride and joy...id say buy something like a fuel labs.

Years ago when i built my impreza i did a lot of homework and the general advice was to stay clear of sytec/FSE or cheap regulators in general. They were notorious for failure and i installed Fuel Labs equipment instead. The quality was top notch and even though i was utilizing all 3 ports on it (impreza parallel setup) it still had space for a pressure gauge. For something that does such an important job - and if your putting it on your pride and joy...id say buy something like a fuel labs.

Thanks! I was advised on a Sytec , I was looking at the Fuel lab and the Bosch unit

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

Youl need to set the reg to the same pressure as you currently run. I dont know what a 2jz runs at but for some reason 3 bar rings a very familiar bell on a performance engine.

Did a quick google and found this http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?601682-base-fuel-pressure

so i might not be far off but im a noob to the supra game so i stand to be corrected by all means

• 1 year later...

I would only use a Bosch Motorsport one if I needed adjustability, the Yank ones never seem as reliable. If i didn't need adjustability and a stock one didn't raise fuel pressure above its spec when the pump is running, engine off, I'd just use that. There is SO much rubbish talked about "uprated fuel pressure regulators, they only flow *returned* fuel for God's sake :)