The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all

Guest Samfuller

Guest Samfuller

Hi, im sam im new to the forum, im seriously looking at getting a supra which has always been a dream! Iv found a 6 speed manual with what looks like suspicious milage as its so low, just woundered if anyone had delt with young imports out in Staffordshire? The car has done 26k miles and is up for 18k it is exactly what i want but just seems to good to be true as ive not seen any under 30k miles.

Thanks

Sam

Welcome to the club-whereabouts in Essex are you?

Re the car if it's looks to good to be true then it probably is. As ripped fear said get some photos and if possible the registration. Someone on here will probably know the car and you can always do a reg and mot check to verify mileage etc

Guest Samfuller

I am from Romford

Are they quoting this as a fresh import as I ran an mot check and it came back as vehicle not found- are they quoting it as mot'd which would seem strange. If they are. Does it have any supporting service history.you will need lots more info from them than they are supplying on there website.

Guest Samfuller

Cool cool yeah its listed as fresh import on ebay so im guessing it isnt registered yet maybe ill chuch a few questions over to them find out some more info thanks

I just found it on mot check, no idea on the seller but they seem to have made an effort taking lots of photos

of the car inc the underneath, as always though its buyer beware with second hand cars, especially very low mileage imports that you can't really check

No mention of any history with the car other than its supposedly a 1 owner car

Registration number: N323FYD

Vehicle make: TOYOTA

Vehicle model: SUPRA

Date first used: 1 March 1996

Fuel type: Petrol

Colour: Silver

MOT history of this vehicle

Test date: 4 May 2016

Expiry date: 3 May 2017

Test Result: Pass

Odometer reading: 42,089 miles

MOT test number: 2238 6618 0257

Advisory notice item(s):

rear Tyre worn close to the legal limit both sides (4.1.E.1)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I'd say it looks as genuine as you are likely to find, the bolt on bits are er 'Marmite' but looking past that and as far as you can tell from photo's it looks good.

If you like the look fine, if you want to take it back to stock looking you'd need to factor in a fair amount extra I'd imagine.

one thing I would say is the gear surround dash pannel scream more miles to me. The car however looks nice and unfortuantly the majority of imports have probably been clocked anyway.

Go look at it and follow the buyers guide would be my advice, ideally get it on a ramp and look underneath, and maybe take a local member with you that has some good knowledge on supras.

one thing I would say is the gear surround dash pannel scream more miles to me. The car however looks nice and unfortuantly the majority of imports have probably been clocked anyway.

Go look at it and follow the buyers guide would be my advice, ideally get it on a ramp and look underneath, and maybe take a local member with you that has some good knowledge on supras.

Jake scroll right down on the listing and you can see another gear stick shot where the surround doesn't look bad at all and underneath it's pretty much as clean looking as they come.

Guest Samfuller

This what i got back ftom them ill ask the to send a pic of the bitma, i guess its common for these types of cars to be clocked ? Is there a way of sussing these cars out as they are alot of money and its got to be the right car! Appricate the feedback

Hello

Thank you for your interest.

Please be informed car is now fully UK registered and V5

logbook is present.

Yes car comes with Japanese documents mileage verified and UK V5 logbook.

Car is very clean right round, underneath No Rust at all, car has never been under sealed

Japanese documents are generally hieroglyphics but they will have dates on in regular numbers we recognise.

Now it's still a bit difficult as their years are from an emperor system see the link, but you might be able to get some confidence from this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisei_period and any Jap service book, but it's going to be very hard to be sure. What I can say is the higher mileage TT6's aren't much if any less £'s, the underside is good and if you view you should get a feel for if it's genuine ish. The rear door shuts have no signs of seat belts being trapped and marking them, a common issue, boot tools etc all present is rare. Perhaps its been a track weapon though, with everything stored well to put back in? unlikely given the kit etc but not impossible, again you'll not know or realistically find out.

It is by no means certain it's been clocked, and if it has it's not been by a huge amount IMO, my assessment is it's not a shonky car, it's a marmite looker and looks a clean low miler regardless of the actual mileage, but that doesn't stop it having a issue now or in the short term. If I was in the market for a stock power TT6 and willing to pay these new sort of prices (I'm not) and wasn't put off by the looks (which I am!) then it would be one I'd be investigating. You could do a lot worse IMO, few show (with good reason) so many pictures with pride.

But you are going to have to view to decide, a worn gearbox synchro and you will probably have to walk. I'm probably sounding negative but basically there is only so much you can do from behind the screen :)