The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What colour shall I do my brake calipers?

bayside_supra

What colour shall I do my brake calipers?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What colour shall I do my brake calipers?

• Original black
    • Yellow
    • Gold
    • Red
    • Blue

Hey everyone

My UK brakes need a refresh, the fronts have lost all their black paint. I am going to repaint them and get the Supra stickers off ebay. I just cannot make my mind up on the colour. I have put a poll up to see what you guys think. I am thinking about gold or yellow mostly, not that keen on red. I like the idea of blue calipers on the blue car, like a focus RS, but it will obviously be a completely different blue so may not work.

This is my car however I am pretty set on changing the wheels to a different set in silver fairly soon. I am probably just going to use Hammerite smooth to do the calipers at home.

Looking forward to your opinions

Edited by bayside_supra (see edit history)

I rebuilt my UK set up a couple of months ago with new seals, Chris Wilson stainless steel Pistons, pins etc and ended up choosing to go with gunmetal.

I used Foliatec Carbon grey, very easy to use and came out very well IMO. Just make sure they are prepped nice and smooth as the paint is thin when mixed with the hardener. Also have a lot of brake cleaner on hand to clean them throughly.

Excuse the brake disc's, I just washed the car :)

Intersting results so far, seems my choice of yellow is not that popular. Has anyone got any pics of gold ones they have done?

What parts does Chris Wilson offer?

Here you go :)

Fast Road Compound Brake Pads - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?333072-Fast-road-compound-brake-pads

Stainless Caliper Pistons & Caliper Seal Kits - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?335259-Stainless-caliper-pistons-Caliper-seal-kits

Intersting results so far, seems my choice of yellow is not that popular. Has anyone got any pics of gold ones they have done?

What parts does Chris Wilson offer?

Split and rebuilt with CW stainless pistons and pins etc then powdercoated Gold..

I quite like the gold actually LOL

Thanks for all the advice so far. Has anyone got any pics of yellow ones?

I will contact Chris about the kits, are they a big job to fit to calipers?

Pretty easy to do but if you split them you'll need the seals that fit between the two halves, they fit where

the light blue arrows point too, CW also supplies those along with the other parts

Removing and fitting the pistons and piston seals is easy enough, pump the old pistons

out while there still fitted to the car, maybe get some piston pliers that fit inside the piston

which will help you if any are stuck, especially if you dont want to split the calipers

calipers 006.jpg

calipers 005.jpg

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)