The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coilovers

wrighty338

What is everyone running on theirs?

Just stuck a deposit on a rather nice RSP tt 6sp and first up will be wheels and suspension so wondering what people are running coilover wise in the supra land?

Preferably sub £1000, its only gonna be a street car so do i need pillowball top mounts?

initial instinct is swaying me towards HSD or BC - comfort doesnt need to be a primary concern as its a weekend car!

Ta

B6 Bilstein dampers ans Eibach Pro springs would be my recommendation on a road car.

:yeahthat: Its exactly what I'm running and it's spot on.

I bought the new design Tein Mono Sport coilovers and had a bad experience with them knocking at the rear so I sent them back. Got the Bilstein B6's with some height adjustable groves machined in by Chris Wilson and used my Eibach lowering springs with them.

I love the way the car handles and rides, far better for on the road now IMO.

Got the Bilstein B6's with some height adjustable groves machined in by Chris Wilson and used my Eibach lowering springs with them.

I love the way the car handles and rides, far better for on the road now IMO.

Oooh please tell me more about these? Mine Supra came with some rock hard coil overs. I'm after something stock-ish feel wise but with height adjustment

I've just upgraded to KW V3's and am very happy with them, recently tested on a 600 mile jaunt with members, build quality is very good also.

On my precious Supra, I was running a Chris Wilson full suspension set-up, he uses Billies in the set-up, I'm thinking these might be B6's, but either way that car handled very well and was a great all round set-up.

Edited by SPG (see edit history)

Keep in mind coilovers are not simply 1 set fits all..

BC sell different spring sets with the popular BR-series 30 way adjustable dampening coilovers I have the spring rates wrote down here somewhere but basically you can have Road springs/Fast road/Track.

It seems to go a miss with a few people who slate certain coilovers for them being to crashy/stiff/bouncy yet when you ask the same people which spring sets they chose and why they dont have a clue and mostly ordered online and left the decision to the supplier.

what you pick will depend on your area I personally live in the middle of nowhere and have BCs BR series fitted with Road springs with carefully chosen dampening settings and a geo setup.

previously I had the same Br series with fast road fitted and they were a terrible ride.

As many will tell you its personal preference, I will never track this car I just wanted a height adjustable setup to replace my 98 cusco units.

Oh and rubber top mounts are far more durable and easier to live with in my opinion.

Edited by MattP (see edit history)

el_bandido Im in Howden and work in Leeds so not far at all would deffo be interested in a ride

MattP, fully agreed! have BC BR's on my impreza with track rated springs and theyre rock hard but its a fully stripped/caged machine so i chose them to suit the car i was building.

I wont be taking my supra on a track so just want something uprated, with ability to dial in height and damping adjustment - i wont be using it everyday where as my 330D will be getting KW V3 or maybe some MeisterR if they are that good!