The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone running Yokohama Neova Advan AD08R tyres?

Big Mark

Looking for tyres for my new wheels

Sizes will probably be 305/30 R19 and 255/35 R19 and by the time they're fitted the car will be running a single turbo conversion so want something that can put the power down.

Considered Toyo R888 but don't fancy being caught in the rain on these so considering the Yokohama Advan AD08R's as they have a bit better wet performance.

Anyone running the AD08R tyres? What's your opinions?

Will be interesting to see how you find these.

Ive been running these for a while now - road and track.

Road - excellent. Even in the wet they breakaway nice and progressive. Personally i like them on the road.

Track - not a big fan. Used in the damp recently and had good grip but fairly snappy. In the dry they are very good if you can get heat into them. I find them quite temperature sensitive. My Federal 595 rsr tyres were a better sprint tyre in my opinion.

They were absolutely epic on a friend's evo, which is why i went for them on the Supra, but for my driving style i find them too inconsistent on track for a heavy car like the Supra.

I'd go for proper semi slicks of dedicated track use but thats for me personally. You might love them!

I run those tyres for last 6 years across different cars - last two on Supra TT6 BPU - they are excellent and good in wet, just don't go stupid but with single under bonnet surely you won't. The wear rate is great I did 13k miles in them and now rear is coming for replacement, fronts look like another year out of them.

I run only 265 at the back but grip is awesome you barely can spin them.