The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Desperate for Wheel Fitment Help

Guest Level8

Greetings guys!

We are in need of some serious help but first let us give you a little background so you know where we are coming from.

We are Level 8 Motorsports which is a wheel manufacturing company here in North America. Our bread and butter is the Truck and SUV market but we have plenty of experience in the passenger car/tuner market. We currently do private label manufacturing for Discount Tire and make some decent tuner wheels (See MB Battle and MB Weapon for reference).

Our newest project will follow the typical fitment guides we have used for years. As SEMA is approaching we are looking to do a product launch on our newest wheel. We have a connection in Vegas with an '06 Supra (non turbo). We know we have plenty of room to play with in rear setup but we are getting conflicting reports of fitment issues for setup up front. We would like to run an 18x9 with a +38mm offset but are being told that it won't work up front. Typically we know our fitments on the common cars out there but this beautiful beast you guys dry is new to us. Can someone please shed some light on what we can run up front on this car and if the setup we'd like to run will work.

Best wishes and thank you in advance for any help!

-The Level 8 Motorsports Team

I run 18x8.5 et 31 on my fronts (see below) and there's PLENTY of room, scrubs ever so slightly on full lock but I think I could easily take it out further. This is pretty much exactly the same outer edge position as an 18x9 et 38. The one thing that you may wish to take into consideration is if the car has the larger 4 pot front brake calipers and whether the spokes of the wheel will foul it. I'm not sure you'll be able to do this without physically trying the wheel on a supra with bigger brakes. If it has the smaller 2 pot front calipers there should be no issues.

I guess if their going to fit way too wide a tyre with too big a profile then yes, hopefully they

can easily use a wheel & tyre comparison site to see what should be fitted compared to stock

245 35 18 tyre would be a good choice and actually drops the overall diameter by 2.7 mm compared

to the OE set up so no rubbing issues when on full lock, if others with a wider fitment have no issues

then all the info given is very useful to the OP

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Without inclusion of tyre size, it's worth at least as much to the fella as a weather forecast.

The mans quite clearly asking if anyone knows if a 18x9 et38 will fit, so for the sake of helping him, we assume he isn't a twat and will use a sensible tyre size. If you ain't got anything helpful to say, don't waste the word count [emoji23]

The mans quite clearly asking if anyone knows if a 18x9 et38 will fit, so for the sake of helping him, we assume he isn't a twat and will use a sensible tyre size. If you ain't got anything helpful to say, don't waste the word count [emoji23]

You're looking down the wrong end of the telescope.

Thankfully the tire is up for negotiation. We are supplying the tire and wheel setup in exchange for use of the car. We have close ties with Falken and can pretty much use whatever tire we choose.

Guys we aren't worried about tire size because we are in control. We are more worried about caliper clearance and driveability. Trust me we know tire size has everything to do with the "combo package" that relates to fitment up front. I suppose instead of dogging on us for lack of information in the thread you could just say hey that wheel will work if you run a mild tire like a 225/40/R18 or something to that affect.

I guess if their going to fit way too wide a tyre with too big a profile then yes, hopefully they

can easily use a wheel & tyre comparison site to see what should be fitted compared to stock

245 35 18 tyre would be a good choice and actually drops the overall diameter by 2.7 mm compared

to the OE set up so no rubbing issues when on full lock, if others with a wider fitment have no issues

then all the info given is very useful to the OP

-- Thank you Dunk. Our thoughts exactly. I apologize for not giving the proposed tire specs but we were initially more worried about caliper clearance and turning radius. We realize the tire directly affects the setup and wouldn't be running anything super aggressive!

Without inclusion of tyre size, it's worth at least as much to the fella as a weather forecast.

Is it though David? When looking from a technical aspect backspacing, caliper clearance, and turning radius all come into play. The original post may have not had all the info you needed but the baseline of "yes" or "no" for the physical wheel itself was all I was looking for. You guys are familiar with this beast...we are not. Like I said, We know our fitments on the common tuners (Mazda, Subaru, Honda, etc etc) and even some of the American muscle (Camaro, Mustang). So please excuse the lack of information regarding tire as I wrongly assumed you would think we would run a reasonable tire on the vehicle.

Hope the weather is good for you today.

Is it though David? When looking from a technical aspect backspacing, caliper clearance, and turning radius all come into play. The original post may have not had all the info you needed but the baseline of "yes" or "no" for the physical wheel itself was all I was looking for. You guys are familiar with this beast...we are not. Like I said, We know our fitments on the common tuners (Mazda, Subaru, Honda, etc etc) and even some of the American muscle (Camaro, Mustang). So please excuse the lack of information regarding tire as I wrongly assumed you would think we would run a reasonable tire on the vehicle.

Hope the weather is good for you today.

Nice response [emoji1360] and comeback to the sarcastic one.