The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie Here with common questions..lol

koolance

hey,

found the forum while doing a seach!thought id register and say hello,,

im looking to buy a Supra beginning of april to replace my subaru which im currently paying a fortune on insurance

ive been doing alot of research on this forum and found sum cracking information

i called elephant tonite and asked for a quote,, they quoted me £1083 fully comp on a uk auto n/a with my dad on the policy,,, this was under my own name ,,21 ,,3yrs driving exp 0 no claims

i currently own a subaru and a corsa 2.0 16v(179bhp:D) and im looking to replace the subaru with a supra

basically my question does that insurance quote seem normal ?!!? i thought it seemed a bit to cheap tbh

they also quoted the UK TT £30 cheaper,,, which i found extremely strange..

sorry for the long boring post

thanks in advance!! lol

cheers

Ermmm confused now.

I thought the NA was the UK equivalent of the SZ. So what exactly is my Jap Auto non turbo?

:confused:

There are no UK normally aspirated (N/A) cars. They were all Twin Turbo (TT). The only N/A's were the Jap import SZ model. The RZ model was the Jap import TT.

Hi mate

I'm 21 and with elephant.I've got a UK TT and I'm paying a little over £900-no years no claims with both my parents on the insurance and just over four years driving experience. Try admiral and bell. Although all three of these companies form part of the same group the prices do vary slightly. I tried getting quotes on imports but most companies aren't interested because I'm under 25, and the ones that are quote in the region of £3000!

Whats the deal with these insurance companies though.....despite one declaring all the mods, they say that the mods are NOT insured....so why declare them if they wont pay out for them.....lining their pockets again the bastids..

I agree completely. If they dont' want to insure you fine. But as far as I'm concerned if they plan to put up your premium for adding a non-performance modification (i.e, different alloys), they should be MADE to replace them if they're stolen.

I'm still looking at taking a hell of a hit from my recent claim, mostly because some of the stuff stolen (i.e, boost gauge) isnt' standard equipment and therefore isn't covered :banghead:

Um,28 years old,j spec TT6,7 years no claims,No points,£1400!

Am I doing something wrong???? :(

Doesn't sound right me mate! I'm 28 yrs old, jspec TT6, 10yrs no claims, no points and I pay around £800 with all the mods in my sig declared, its only £150 more for a single turbo!

I live in a fairly high risk area too!

Have you tried with a-plan in Thatcham? If you give them a call and ask to speak to Ollie, he will give you a reasonable quote, he understand Jap cars and car modifiers and will give you a very realistic quote IMO.