The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinions / cost estimates of wrapping a Supra?

Action Jackson

Hi guys,

I have always loved racing decals and branding on cars - gives them that "Race car" look and feel that I get all childish about :D

I was wondering if anyone on here has had their Supra wrapped at any point? And whether people think its a decent idea?

I've put decals on cars before (You have to be a true Le Mans fan!) and despite hearing horror stories of lacquer peeling off and whatnot, never had a problem.

I have also seen people who claim their car has had the same vinyl on it for 2 years+ with no problems.

So the question stands - do people think its sacrilege to wrap a Supra? Do people think its a waste of money? Would I be "that pillock" if I got a TOMs or DENSO wrap? :D

It'll look lame. Sorry.

And u need a very close looking kit or a v.close kit. E.g. topsecret 300gt kit. And decent wheels. And I hope your car is white as well.

£2-5k to do it properly with wheels

This is good info - I would definitely get a body kit and some similar wheels to match if I did do this. I am a "do it properly or not all" kind of guy. A lot of money to be batting around though!

Why would the car need to be white? I mean a full body wrap, so the vinyl would be white too?

Is there a body kit thread on these forums? I haven't seen a "proper" look alike TOMs Supra online so I guess the kits etc must be hard to come by.

I knew that Supras are moddable... but I had no idea there were so many body kits available!

This is good info - I would definitely get a body kit and some similar wheels to match if I did do this. I am a "do it properly or not all" kind of guy. A lot of money to be batting around though!

Why would the car need to be white? I mean a full body wrap, so the vinyl would be white too?

Is there a body kit thread on these forums? I haven't seen a "proper" look alike TOMs Supra online so I guess the kits etc must be hard to come by.

I knew that Supras are moddable... but I had no idea there were so many body kits available!

As far as I know the kit used on TOM/Denso supra is completely custom for the GT/TC series and not sold to the public.

Either way it's going to be big money to do this properly.

These two have tried using body kits readily available to the masses, but if you are being pedantic then you can say neither comes close to resembling the proper car.

But if you like the two looks of either of these below, then it would be pretty easy to recreate.

^^^That looks immense! :cool:

Castrol's too common, you need to go for space invaders or stealth camo :D I needed some paintwork after doing this, ruined my lacquer - not sure if it was because of the type of vinyl I used or whether it was just that the 20 year old lacquer couldn't handle it.

Don't do Denso as that's my plan for the future haha.

In all seriousness though you'll probably need custom designs doing, unless you go the Castrol route.

Either way make sure you've got the entire set up, body wheels etc or it'll look naff.

Price wise I wouldn't entertain anything (even for a basic colour change) that costs less than a couple of grand.

I helped wrap a Soarer this year that ended up peeling and ruining the lacquer underneath, I helped wrap a 350Z that has so far lasted, and another local chap had a GT86 done at a very high cost and that ended up peeling.

Go somewhere reputable and remember you get what you pay for.

As far as I know the kit used on TOM/Denso supra is completely custom for the GT/TC series and not sold to the public.

Either way it's going to be big money to do this properly.

These two have tried using body kits readily available to the masses, but if you are being pedantic then you can say neither comes close to resembling the proper car.

But if you like the two looks of either of these below, then it would be pretty easy to recreate.

That bottom one looks mint. 10/10 would drive daily with a beaming smile on my face. I would have a hard time not buying that if it came up at a reasonable price.

I have always liked the individuality of wraps, but worry about what others have said here RE lacquer. Paying £2k minimum for a wrap being followed by a £2k respray due to your lacquer messing up isn't really financially viable!

I am happy to pay top dollar for a proper job, I have had a fair few graphics for other things designed and made in the past and am happy to pay designers for their work. It has always been worth it in my experience.

Interesting points though