The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2nd car needs help!

ardasaliah

Hi

I know its not a supe but my (friends) punto has a problem and MOT is due soon.

When I apply the foot brake while indicating left, the indicator light will either indicate slower or stop altogether. The break light also dims while the indicators flashing. I assume it has something to do with some possible electrical crossover of the wiring - anyone got any idea??

Sounds weird but it could be one of the bulbs I had a problem with my Honda doing strange things with the lighting, one of the bulbs was faulty and the element was touching the other. I replaced it and problem solved! Its a Fiat though, I had a Fiat courtesy car once, 250 miles on the clock and it broke down.

Sorry I am quite thick. Can you explain how to make an earth from both lamps.

Am I right in thinking that you just add a wire from one of the lamp conections (-) to the bodywork of the car??

yep as you said just add a earth from body to lamp negative, clean all contacts on the lamp plugs.

Shouldn't worry about it I have never seem them test turn signals and brakes at same time on mot.

Hi had my supra in for an MOT and they did test breaks and the indicators at the same time - passed no probs of course. Thats whats got me onto the punto light problem as its MOT is due very soon.

Ill try changing the bulbs but any other info on the earth thing would be great.

touchwood had no other probs with it. So ill save the touching for another time :respekt:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rafsen

its def a bad earth- can happen if a double filament bulb is placed the wrong way. check all the bulbs at the back making sure they are inserted correctly & as someone mentioned examine the bulbs making sure they're not duff!

• 3 weeks later...