The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WTF the most crazy insurance renewal just came though.

The Raven

Wtf is going on.

I have just paid out 3 times that, and I have as perfect a back ground as you'll get, and my area is shall we say pretty damn good too.

Becoming proper annoyed by seeing that this is possible.

Look forward to seeing if this is confirmed as legitament, as I will be cancelling and moving companies.

cheapest i get is £1100 with Admiral everything declared, perfect background, 9 years NCB nice area etc etc at 26

insurance is literally a random number generator based off random facts about you e.g. "He works in a restaurant that's not licensed for alcohol... £100 extra, it's a licensed one... drop it down £50..."

cheapest i get is £1100 with Admiral everything declared, perfect background, 9 years NCB nice area etc etc at 26

insurance is literally a random number generator based off random facts about you e.g. "He works in a restaurant that's not licensed for alcohol... £100 extra, it's a licensed one... drop it down £50..."

Nail on the head... postcode and job title is the biggest killer. Totally ridiculous.

It was wrong.

Seems if i had renewed they would have have to have honored it. So i just cost myself some money...........

But i wanted to maked some changes so they removed the "must be in garage from 11 to 5" clause, added 10k agreed vaule and knocked off £40 for the mess up

New total everything declared

£348

Lynbrook still the best by far very helpful would recommend them to anyone over 30 that uses the supe as a second car.

It was wrong.

Seems if i had renewed they would have have to have honored it. So i just cost myself some money...........

But i wanted to maked some changes so they removed the "must be in garage from 11 to 5" clause, added 10k agreed vaule and knocked off £40 for the mess up

New total everything declared

£348

Lynbrook still the best by far very helpful would recommend them to anyone over 30 that uses the supe as a second car.

Thank batman for that, but obviously sorry to hear your disappointment.

That's about £35 more than I paid, so much of a muchness.

Bloody insurance companies bain of everyone's lives.

I paid £960 for my n/a, got a tt with a couple mods and reinsured it for £129 with agreed value of 14k and im 25 and 3 points still on record

WHo with? and id check that. Cant see them having the right car down if they hate the n/a id guess they think its

1. a UK spec

2. A mk3

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

Had my renewal through from Lynbrook last week, £270 :)

Been with them around 3 years now I think, great company to deal with, also they don't charge anything extra to add on co-drivers for Dragonball, where previously Sky would charge me £80 for the weekend.