The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel fitment help

fastcar

Looking at getting a new set of wheels for the supra but need a little help to see if the rear wheel sizes will fit under stock arches. The rear arches have been rolled so there is a little more room to play with! Wheels I'm looking at are the Volk TE37SL 18" 10" wide with offsets of either 20 or 40 on the rear. Not bothered with fronts as I know they will fit just the rears. Also need to fit over UK brakes!

Thanks in advance

That's why I hate stretched tyres! Constantly refurbing my old CE28's

Looking at getting a new set of wheels for the supra but need a little help to see if the rear wheel sizes will fit under stock arches. The rear arches have been rolled so there is a little more room to play with! Wheels I'm looking at are the Volk TE37SL 18" 10" wide with offsets of either 20 or 40 on the rear. Not bothered with fronts as I know they will fit just the rears. Also need to fit over UK brakes!

The rear wheels in the pic of my car below are 18x10 +32 with 285/35R18 tyres fitted, the arches are rolled slightly to stop the outside of the tyre catching (more pics in my garage HERE.)

In comparison to mine 18x10 +40 wheels would sit 8mm further inwards and should easily clear the wheel arches without rubbing.

In comparison to mine 18x10 +20 wheels would extend outwards an extra 12mm, you would need to have the arches pulled and rolled to prevent the tyre catching.

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=744&d=1134501037

The rear wheels in the pic of my car below are 18x10 +32 with 285/35R18 tyres fitted, the arches are rolled slightly to stop the outside of the tyre catching (more pics in my garage HERE.)

In comparison to mine 18x10 +40 wheels would sit 8mm further inwards and should easily clear the wheel arches without rubbing.

In comparison to mine 18x10 +20 wheels would extend outwards an extra 12mm, you would need to have the arches pulled and rolled to prevent the tyre catching.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=744&d=1134501037

What sizes do you have up front nic?