The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel refurb colors??

raddys

So you may have seen my thread a week or so ago about helping me pick a set of wheels, it was between a set of weds and some ce28's... i didnt go with either of them in the end, i ended up buying a set of bbs le mans forged 2 peice split rims, from what i gather quite rare in jap fitment and imo its one of the better looking wheels on the supra, anyway im now faced with the decision of changing the color, i think id prefer it to be a block color instead of diffrent colored centers and lips so my question to you guys is what do you think will suit it best??

......image...

......image....

I know you don't want to hear it, but the colour that they are would suit a red car perfectly :cool: Maybe try them on first and see if you like them, if not get a good side on pic of the car with them on it and ask if someone can photoshop some different colours for you?

Edited by jim (see edit history)

I know you don't want to hear it, but the colour that they are would suit a red car perfectly :cool: Maybe try them on first and see if you like them, if not get a good side on pic of the car with them on it and ask if someone can photoshop some different colours for you?

Good idea jim, soon as they arrive il try them on, failing that im swaying towards the idea of getting the refurbed all in chrome paint so i get the polished look without the hassle of cleaning them so often

It's been a few years since I enquired about paint for wheels (have history lol, mine were previously black, green, orange, pink, gold :D) so I might be wrong, but I didn't think you could get a decent chrome effect from a paint unless you fork out a lot of money. You might get a better finish from powdercoat. Mine are chrome finish (shadow black) from factory and have a polished lip, centres are a gift to keep clean, polished lips are not lol!

Great choice of wheels btw :cool:

What Jim said. :)

Another one in Bedfordshire :) I think it'll look good with them as is.. they are a classic design and will make the car look better despite the colour niggles... I know what you mean but I think you should try them first!

Ah yes i think ive seen you about mate, and yep im going to get them on when i get a min and see what they look like :)

I'm the one in Potton, supra hasn't moved for 6 weeks now and is undriveable as going na/t in next couple of months, just doing the brake upgrade at present. I've seen a stock silver and a black one with grey spokes and polished lip wheels a few times floating around Biggleswade.

Ah Hi there, I saw one drive along Baden Powel way a couple of days ago wasnt you then? Mine has silver/gunmetal spokes and polished dish rims.. but there are many out there that do - I was chatting to a mate of yours in Biggleswade MOT the other day, said he knows you as i was getting tyres fitted for mine there :)

Hi! Wasn't me no, as above not moved for 6 weeks and won't be in mine until April 17 at the earliest. I have seen yours on your drive couple years back as a mate used to live up your end but never seen you on the road. The 94 black one with gun metal spokes is a friend of a friend but I haven't met him and the 95 silver one I have no idea who he is. Supes are becoming popular in our area now, probably thanks to the garage on the A1 at sandy possibly. Had mine 4 years April just gone and I have silver spokes with a polished dish. I remember you put a thread up in the "was it you" about my supe few years back.

Sorry to have hijacked thread

Whats with the A1 garage? Because of the logo? Cant think of why that would attract Supras as its not a picture of a Supra lol :) Am I thick and missing something here? :)

Fair enough, not sure if the one I saw/heard was a single turbo also.. I do see some nice cars driving along it and many with nice sounding engines.. someone was doing burnouts and I was wondering if it was that guy as I think I recognise the sound of the 2JZ on full chat!

Stick with the way they are.they should look the part on a red car.

I fancied a colour change on my alloys with having lots of black on my aristo,

car colour,tints, front & rear lights, & wasn't daring enough to go totally wild or even mildly crazy & went for a safe grey.