The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gauging interest on parts from my track car

pedrosixfour

This is a bit of a mess, but if if things move forward I'll tidy things up and do a proper sales thread.

Last year has been a bit of a shambles, the car isn't being used or progressing as it should, don't know why but the enthusiasm has waned somewhat for this in 2016.

Anyway, enough excuses, nothing is definite just yet, but I have other interests now which are keeping me busy. The car itself will never sell so I think it's time to consider breaking.

Major parts would be:

Engine & Lubrication

2500cc Straight 6 1JZ-GTE

440cc JDM Supra TT Injectors

Setrab 23 row engine oil cooler

Oil filter sandwich plate with thermostat

Accusump kit

Turbocharger & Induction

Stock 1JZ (True) Twin Turbos Running @ 1.2Bar

TRD Panel Filter in NA Housing

Custom intake & intercooler pipework

Miami GT SMIC - Stock Ducting

Fuel, Tuning & ECU

1JZ Auto ECU

A'pexi Neo AFC

Greddy Boost Controller solenoid

Chris Wilson FCD

HKS FCD

Aeromotive 340l/h fuel pump

40L Aluminium fuel cell, c/w twin filters, twin pumps, braided fuel lines, assortment of pipe ends/fittings and clamps

Exhaust

Australian-made Y pipe from turbos/ 1st De-cat

Chris Wilson 2nd decat pipe

Side exit exhaust from SteveL's track car, c/w mid-pipe

Drivetrain

Six puk clutch

Lightweight flywheel

R154 5 speed gearbox from JZX90 Chaser, direct fit to Supra

Cusco 1.5 way plate LSD with 4.237 FGR (USDM NA Supra)

Shortened driveshaft

Uprated front diff mounts

The gearbox would be offered as a kit come with everything to fit it to a MKIV chassis, except the gear surround/trim, which I don't have

Suspension, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Power steering cooler mounted in front of radiator and ducted through custom vent in nose cone

OFF CAR Height adjustable Chris Wilson custom valved "fast road" Bilstein dampers & matched springs. Height cannot be adjusted when coilovers are fitted to car

Carbing solid front strut brace with BMC stopper

Complete Superpro polybush overhaul on suspension arms

Custom caster & camber polybushes in front lower control arms.

Extra rear diff mount added to rear subframe

DBA 4000 series brake discs

UK spec brake calipers

Goodridge stainless brake lines

17" Volk Challenge F-Zero alloy wheels 10" +44 Rears, 9" +44 Fronts

17" Volk Challenge F-Zero alloy wheels 9" +38 Rears, 8" +36 Fronts

17" Work Emotion Cr Kai alloy wheels 9" +42, pair only

18" Ultralite GT2 alloy wheels, 9.5" +35 Rears, 8.5" +30 Fronts

18" WedsSport SA67-R alloy wheels, 10" +35, two pairs (ie 4 wheels same spec)

Four Michelin Pilot Sport Cup Tyres, new, never even fitted, 295-30-18. Tyres are a couple of years old at this, stage but always stored in a warn dry loft.

BNIB Tyresure TPMS kit

H&R 15mm hubcentric spacers with longer studs

Interior

Complete interior stripped

FIA Kill switch

Ignition control panel with starter button

Sparco EVO3 fixed bucket seats & side mounts

Sparco 3" 4 point harnesses

Sparco suede steering wheel on extended boss

Lifeline plumbed-in fire extinguisher

HKS engine oil temp gauge

HKS engine oil pressure gauge

HKS water temperature gauge

HKS fuel pressure gauge

HKS Turbo Boost Pressure Gauge

The above gauges should really sell as a kit.

AEM wideband air:fuel meter

Exterior

MVP polyurethane front lip

APR Bi-plane rear wing

BNIB Heated windscreen

BNIB 5 Polycarbonate window kit from P4P - door windows with edge stiffeners, slider kits & slider scoops, quarter windows and rear window with three pre-drilled hooded vents

I'd have oceans of stock parts and trim. The underpinnings of the car and the chassis itself are as clean as a two or three year old car, no rust, and I've yet to come a cross a seized bolt, nut or adjuster of any sort. Some body panels and parts are in good condition and could be reused.

I'd need to sort out what else is available and add it to the sales thread, if I go ahead with this. Feels like I'm about to cut off a limb to be honest!

Most parts already fitted have only done a matter of hours/couple of hundred miles over the last number of years, some even less and were fitted brand new last year.

Thanks,

Damien.

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)

Small case as it's from an NA. That diff ratio wouldn't really work with 3.0 turbo cars

Depends on the gearbox and intentions you have for the car really mate.

Box, diff and tyres gave a theoretical top speed of about 155mph in my car, ample for what I wanted it for and closer ratios than stock without the extra weight of a 6 speed.

Not ideal in a daily driven 6 speed though for sure!

Surprised (and a bit sad) that you've lost the love Damien, never saw that coming. Is it the competing that you're not into? Back to just track day fun not an option bud?

It's just the whole practice in general Jim, the car hasn't turned a wheel in a year and there is another £5k been thrown at it, with the prospect of seeing the track maybe twice this year if I'm lucky. It's not making sense any more. I'll never be fast around Mondello compared to cars that suit the track, visiting the same 2 mile of tarmac to get your kicks starts to get a little dull to be honest. I spent all of 2016 messing with guns and more importantly my mates and now two of us have just bought a little boat together to take a few ducks off the numerous lakes around us come September. Truth of the matter is that I just haven't missed not being in the car.

Awww mate, such a shame. But then I see where you are coming from.

:(

Interested in the P4P window kit, mine are looking a bit scratched and could do with being replaced.

Would be good to see what the window strengther looks like as i will need to know how it fits (having only skins for doors).

Will also be nice to get rid of the glass qtr's

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

Awww mate, such a shame. But then I see where you are coming from.

:(

Interested in the P4P window kit, mine are looking a bit scratched and could do with being replaced.

Would be good to see what the window strengther looks like as i will need to know how it fits (having only skins for doors).

Will also be nice to get rid of the glass qtr's

Dropped you a note on facetube there matey. But forgot to mention that I will post a few snaps of the entire kit so you know what is included.

My biggest regret will be not seeing all these long-covetted parts fitted to my own car! The next phase was really shaping up to be a Doozy!

I'd be interested on the suspension buddy, pm me a price :thumbs:

PM'd Marty.

I will do a proper sales thread over the next day or two, itemising all parts with a price and pictures of parts offered, if possible.

I'm thinking of stuff I forgot to mention all the time, BNIB BC 264 camshafts and adjustable pulleys for starters.

If you think there might be something available that I have yet to list please feel free to ask as many parts have been stored away in boxes over the past eight years and, despite it being in most excellent health, I really don't see the shell being of use to anyone so it'll be stripped to the bare bones, with everything this side of the paint being for sale.

End of an era it seems.

I would love the Height adjustable Chris Wilson custom valved "fast road" Bilstein dampers & matched springs ; my TRD Bilstein dampers/springs are very harsh on the road

But even talking to Chris , he is not 100% if she will bottom out with his setup, considering I am running TRD kit and the horrendous 19 inch wheels :p!

You were up late, or was it early? :)

Sleep when yer dead.;)

I would love the Height adjustable Chris Wilson custom valved "fast road" Bilstein dampers & matched springs ; my TRD Bilstein dampers/springs are very harsh on the road

But even talking to Chris , he is not 100% if she will bottom out with his setup, considering I am running TRD kit and the horrendous 19 inch wheels :p!

As I said on Backroads, is it stroke length or spring seat height the kit would be lacking?

I think, from looking at them that the rear spring seat is sitting on the second from bottom groove on the dampener body so there would be lots of adjustment on the rears and the fronts are on the fourth from bottom groove, so possibly still some height available there too.

I honestly can't remember how many grooves are in each pair, but I imagine I was erring on the low side when I set them up for my car.

Here is a picture of my old rear coil over on top and the CW coilover below.

As you can see the spring perch was on something other than the second lowest groove so I obviously dropped the rears considerably and must have done something similar with the fronts.

Don't know if any of this is helping by the way!

attachment.php?attachmentid=109809&d=1273432715

Jellybean, if you need to constrict suspension movement to keep tyres off the arches forget these, they are not designed to do that, and in fact it's ridiculous to try to use limited bump travel to overcome a clearance issue.

Frank Bullet, these are NOT on car height adjustable. They need removing to alter ride height. I only did one set of on car height adjustable Bilsteins, and these aren't the ones.

Well if those figures are right you have 814 lbs ins rear springs which are probably too stiff for the *FRONT* of a track car not on full slicks... The fronts are nearly 950 lbs ins, again, far far too stiff. No wonder it rides like a board. I would say something like 650 lbs ins fronts and 350 lbs ins rears are more sensible for a car that's mainly a track car on road legal track tyres and is also driven on the road. It will still be quite choppy on broken road surfaces at that.