The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Subframe bushes

Big Mark

Planning on refurbing my subframes. Am I right in thinking there are 2 bushes on top of the rear subfame, plus 2 bushes that the ends push into plus 2 diff mounting bushes. Also, front subframe has no bushes.

subframe.JPG

All my suspension arms have Super-Pro poly bushes so does anyone know what Super-pro parts I will need for the above 6 bushes as can't seem to find all of them listed anywhere and not sure the ones I've found below are correct, especially the diff ones.

Diff here: http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/toyota/supra/suspension-parts/poly-bushes/super-pro-1103.html

One pair of subframe bushes here: http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/toyota/supra/suspension-parts/poly-bushes/super-pro-1102.html

Edited by Big Mark (see edit history)

Got some good news for you

I've just fully refurbished my rear subframe.

http://www.strongflex.eu will have the front bushes and diff bushes you need, and a lot cheaper than super pro too.

Great bushes, does three types, yellow, red and black.

Yellow is street/track

Red is race

Black is oem

For the rear subframe bushes and mounts I found a nightmare.

So I got some strong flex bushes and got someone to make a custom mount.

Stronger and better than oem.

This is after I quickly sprayed them.IMG_2789.JPGIMG_3032.JPGIMG_3033.JPGIMG_3035.JPG

IMG_2778.JPGIMG_2777.JPG

Just one thing Al, red isn't race, yellow is.

"RED color - hardness of about 80 ShA* - suspension components have a hardness similar to the original metal-rubber bushes. However, strength of the polyurethane is many times greater, and the unique properties ensure long lasting comfort. Our RED products we recommend for all the "normal" car users who want improve stability and better driving.

YELLOW color - hardness of about 90 ShA* - recommended for racing-sports vehicles, tuned.. etc. The suspension is much stiffer, as at higher speeds is important. Durability ensures stability of polyurethane suspension for many years.

BLACK color - hardness 90 ShA* - made on request (additional fee +50%)."

Well a few of my bushes were dead or dying, not surprising after 21 years.

So I replaced every single arm and bush on the whole undercarriage.

I have no more creaks or skip now.

The mounts are perfect and solid, plus no chance of it ever rusting.

It's made thicker and stronger than oem and i think it makes a nice touch.

And it's a lot cheaper than I thought it would be.

Took me a while to decide on that too, but I went with yellow, as I only have front, rear and diff bushes that are non oem.

I did all my suspension arms last year with Super-Pro bushes. Not sure how much stiffer they are than stock but to be honest the car rides really well on them. Not sure if stiffer subframe and diff bushes will transmit more noises through the subframe tho, hence my quandary.

Thanks Al. I might just go ted as ties in with my red suspension arms and saves a few quid, lol.

Oh and I've not forgotten about the arch rolling, I've just had to postpone that as pulling engine out for a rebuild is higher priority now.

Sounds like a good plan.

I went with yellow to contrast against my red subframe lol