The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help me pick my next wheels???

raddys

So im stuck between 2 sets of wheels.

Been looking at both sets for over a week and just cant decide..

They will be going on my red TT which has a stock body.....image

1: WEDS ER-M , 3 PEICE SPLIT, FULLY POLISHED...image

2: VOLK CE28N BLACK.image

I just dont know, opinions appreciated

Thanks

The trouble with the polished 3 piece rims is they'll be hard work keeping them looking nice

Tbh i only drive the car at weekends, what would be the process to keep them clean? Polishing all the time or just a decent clean ever weekend

Tbh i only drive the car at weekends, what would be the process to keep them clean? Polishing all the time or just a decent clean ever weekend

No easy answer with polished split rims, in time no matter what you do they age i'm afraid, best thing I did was powder coat my 3 piece all black and fitted new rim screws :)

Those weds are quite complex so will take time and patience to keep them looking good, my WORK Equips were a simple 5 spoke in comparison

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

No easy answer with polished split rims, in time no matter what you do they age i'm afraid, best thing I did was powder coat my 3 piece all black and fitted new rim screws :)

Hmm, good idea, black with gold nuts would look ace on red

I've got some BBS LM which i'm looking to part with. Similar, but nicer than the Weds wheels in your post. You could get them bead blasted to get the polished look if that's what you want.

Oooo bbs lm are my favourite wheel, they are however expensive, ive pmd you though :)

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer Weds. I own a set and I feel there's just something special about their designs.

Cleaning them however is a right pain. Worth the effort though.

Got a pic of your weds bud please?

I'd love to have a set of CE28s as a second set of wheels. Though I'd personally go for more of a graphite finish on them (my car is black), or possibly just a hyper silver if on a red Supra.

My CCWs are a polished 3 piece, and I don't find them that bad to keep clean. They are unlacquered too, you just have to make sure to seal them well (using Nanolex or GTechniq C5) when you first get them. :thumbs:

I'd love to have a set of CE28s as a second set of wheels. Though I'd personally go for more of a graphite finish on them (my car is black), or possibly just a hyper silver if on a red Supra.

My CCWs are a polished 3 piece, and I don't find them that bad to keep clean. They are unlacquered too, you just have to make sure to seal them well (using Nanolex or GTechniq C5) when you first get them. :thumbs:

Oooo love ccw classics

I prefer the volks :cool:

I had stich mesh iii's on both my last supras, they're almost identical to the weds you posted. They're lovely looking wheels and suit a supra imo, but they are a pita to keep clean with a painted finish, so many fiddly bits to get into - I imagine a polished set would be a nightmare to maintain. My current wheels are polished and are a much simpler design (5 spoke SSRs) but I'm not going to run them over winter as I know they'll be impossible to keep on top of (mine's my daily).

Works wheels for me :thumbs: don't be put of my polished rims though. My meisters are fully polished and they look as good as they did a year ago when new. Although mine is garaged and never driven :D which helps I Spose. Only problem is stuff like water Marks, just keep on top of them and they'll be fine

Sound advice there :) Don't use the car and they'll look great for ages :innocent:

Afraid I just can't be doing with the hassle of polishing wheels, my car was a jetwash queen, spray with Autosmart TFR then jetwash off followed by a brisk run up the dual carriage way to dry it off :blink:

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Those weds are quite complex so will take time and patience to keep them looking good, my WORK Equips were a simple 5 spoke in comparison

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m470/dunk_021/Supra/DSCF0441.jpg

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m470/dunk_021/Supra/insurance%202.jpg

I LOVE, what wheels and fitment are these , is it wide arched or just rim rolled.