The mkiv Supra Owners Club

toe arms

flyby

Going by your photos and looking at the fitting on the end it looks like a strut rod rather than the toe arm.

It's not adjustable on the stock set up and don't know why you'd need it to be. The camber and toe adjustment is done

using lower arm no 1 and lower arm number 2 !

They really should be of similar length whatever they are even if they are adjustable.

Pretty sure ive read on here their stuff is borderline junk

Page SA-42 in the link below shows the rear hub suspension set up

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/content.php?75-Suspension-Axle

The photo below is the japspeed toe arm

s-l1000.jpg

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

If you want to replace the strut rod on the cheap your better off just using the Super Pro poly bush kit, there is no ball joint to worry about knocking on them as they are a straight non adjustable bar.

I changed all my suspension arms about a year ago using OEM parts just for piece of mind. Pricey as it is, I know I won't have to ever do them again.

When it comes to suspension parts I think its worth spending the extra IMO.

They are meant to be the same, as they are adjustable just twist them round until the are the same size.

Think i'd want a measurement taken from the OE arm to see how long it should be, between the hole centres as it might not be possible to

get close enough with those japspeed rods.

Making them the same size isn't really good enough and will make getting the camber and toe correct a royal pita

I would give them the old flotation test in some deep water. they look junk, are probably made from old office chairs and from their appearance could fail catastrophically with no warning. That said centre to centre on the bolt holes they should both be exactly the same length as good stock arms. Would i use them on my own car? NO! Would I fit them to a customers car? Only if they signed a discipliner, and they supplied them themselves.

Think i'd want a measurement taken from the OE arm to see how long it should be, between the hole centres as it might not be possible to

get close enough with those japspeed rods.

Making them the same size isn't really good enough and will make getting the camber and toe correct a royal pita

Why when he gets alignment done he can have them adjusted there on the spot, not that difficult

Why when he gets alignment done he can have them adjusted there on the spot, not that difficult

I don't know how long the stock rods are, so if the one long one the op has is too long how will it possible to

adjust it other than shortening it by cutting x amount of the end and hoping theres enough thread left on the insert ?

Its not really worth discussing as already said they look like junk so why fit them anyway, and if you already have adjustable toe arms why

would you want adjustable strut rods ? seems pretty pointless to me

They are rubbish anyway! Very poor quality and snap easily! I wouldn't ever recommend these at all

I 2nd this 100% as I had mate who's toe arms snapped while driving at 30mph and it wrote his car off!!. Japspeed are terrible quality and best thing you can do is put them in the bin, sorry to say that but all my mates with drift cars all say the same. Please don't put these on your car