The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rad opinions

chrex

Hi guys,

So i need to replace the rad - it's tired and i want to put a decent one in. Had a read through some old posts, but wanted to get an opinon on things as tech comes along in a couple of years.

Is it worth getting an Alloy rad - looking at the Japspeed one - thats the best option in my budget tbh (circa £200) and wanted to stick some elec fans on so i can bin the viscous off to free up the motor a bit.

I know there is alot of OEM fans on here but honest opinions here please as I feel buying from Toyota is a bit of a rip off...

Cheers

hmm...okay, something to think about. kinda wanted the alloy rad 'look' too...but dont want it to be $#@!...

Exactly, any parts for the engine i go OEM or OEM pattern, alloy rads look good but i worry about how long they will last/ hold up unless your spend big bucks on a well known brand

Chris Wilson also does an OEM replacement, iirc he has checked a few of these "alloy rads" and doesn't doesn't rate them.

oki dokes, looks like these OEM replacements are the ones to go for then. Will have a look into them :thumbs: cheers guys. be saving for an Mashumoto alloy then to ensure quality :)