The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Denso Coilpacks ? anybody running them

Jellybean

Denso makes the OEM coilpacks! It's the same as the Toyota ones.

I know , but not the question I asked ! I was looking for members experiences with them, reliability,You may get slight discrepancies in fitment ; I also read sometimes these are "B" rated parts. Factory O.E. gets A, and for whatever reason, in quality control parts sold with the Toyota sanded off didn't meet standards.

Its always good to spend 5 mins checking than wasting 300 GBP

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

How much were yours J and where did you order from?

Can't remember how much, they were less than half what Toyota were asking though. We only have 3 on the vvti cars, and they're the same as used on the VVTI GS300 which is what mine were advertised as. Seem to think matt_rr tried to buy an extra set and the seller had run out though.

TCB for pre facelift coil packs

Pattern Part Coil (12 Months Warranty) - £39.80 each + VAT

Denso OEM Ignition Coil (Denso Make the Coils for Toyota 12 Months Warranty) - £85 each + VAT

Genuine Toyota Coil (Denso Coil in a Toyota Box) - £138.77 each + VAT

TCB for pre facelift coil packs

Pattern Part Coil (12 Months Warranty) - £39.80 each + VAT

Denso OEM Ignition Coil (Denso Make the Coils for Toyota 12 Months Warranty) - £85 each + VAT

Genuine Toyota Coil (Denso Coil in a Toyota Box) - £138.77 each + VAT

/QUOTE]

Not wanting to be pedantic, but for the benefit of those looking at buying coil packs, it's worth clarifying that there is no difference between facelift and pre facelift coilpacks, the difference is between VVTi and non vvti. non VVTi need 6 non vvti coilpacks, VVTi need 3 vvti ones, which are a different design (because of the 'wasted spark' ignition system). A facelift, non vvti car uses exactly the same coilpack setup as pre facelift :)