The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New supra needs a few jobs.

Mac Srt

Just bought a new supra today and it has a few things that need addressed.

Other than wheels refurbed and respray (eventually) there's a few things I need done.

1) Carbon look dash is all dull and shiny in places and could do with being replaced

2) All carpet is in good nick but need some front mats ( genuine of possible?)

3) headlights are all fogged up so will need cleaned or new ?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

I saw some carbon dash kits on eBay for £130. Has anyone fitted them or know anything about them?

Other than wheels refurbed and respray (eventually) there's a few things I need done.

1) Carbon look dash is all dull and shiny in places and could do with being replaced

I saw some carbon dash kits on eBay for £130. Has anyone fitted them or know anything about them?

Congrats on the purchase :)

The carbon look dash you probably have (and will have seen on eBay) will be an overlay kit. Basically it's all carbon effect rubber type stuff that is simply stuck down.

I had it on mine and removed it, I think the kits are overpriced for what they are.

If it was me and I really wanted the carbon look, I would take the dash panels out and take them somewhere to be dipped.

Genuine front mats are relatively hard to come by but stick a wanted post up (once you're a fully paid up member).

Headlights - few different options. You can buy refurb kits like Meguiars from Halfords, you can try rubbing them hard with toothpaste (bicarbonate of soda type is best) or you can split and sand them starting with a very soft grit (1200 or so). There will be a few threads on here on different methods.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the purchase :)

The carbon look dash you probably have (and will have seen on eBay) will be an overlay kit. Basically it's all carbon effect rubber type stuff that is simply stuck down.

I had it on mine and removed it, I think the kits are overpriced for what they are.

If it was me and I really wanted the carbon look, I would take the dash panels out and take them somewhere to be dipped.

Genuine front mats are relatively hard to come by but stick a wanted post up (once you're a fully paid up member).

Headlights - few different options. You can buy refurb kits like Meguiars from Halfords, you can try rubbing them hard with toothpaste (bicarbonate of soda type is best) or you can split and sand them starting with a very soft grit (1200 or so). There will be a few threads on here on different methods.

Ok, it looks good in the description but I will see if anyone local does the carbon dipping

Cheers

Not sure if im allowed to recommend or not as not sure on the whole traders on the forum rules so sorry to admin if so but Dim Sum on here does carbon dipping... I had my top dash piece done by him and was impressed with the result. He's not local to you as he wasn't to me but can post items both ways, drop him a pm if interested here's a link to his profile: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/member.php?27390-Dim-Sum