The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why oh why??????

mikeyb10supra

Why do people bother......last night I had two morons try it on with me whilst driving back from my Fiances house.........firstly someone in a peugeot 306..... yes 306!!!! he had obviously spent a lot of money on his car as it was done up to the nine's but seriously did he really think he was going to give me a good run?? I even gave him a 20-30 meter headstart and still killed him.....

then someone in a citron Saxo Vts......please.......I did;nt even bother

Anyone else had this happen......I mean seriously why bother, its a Supra your up against :tongue:

Sometimes they just want to see how fast a Supe is!!

Yeah that's true, but sometimes they also think they can beat them. I used to think my ZR was fast, but once I'd been in a Supra I realised it was actually really crap!!! Most people have never been in really fast cars and don't realise that the supe competes with Ferraris etc. And probably don't even know exactly how fast a Ferrari is anyway!!

A colleague of mine claims that he watched TOTB type show on cable last night in which Supras were getting, in his own words, annihilated! He claims a Maestro with turbo beat one as well and all the Supra 1/4 mile times were 16 secs or higher!

Even worse, he is waiting for me to get mine so he can, ahem, 'challenge' me with his 2.0 Corsa. Daft bugger!

That's been showing all week. long time ago.

It was 500 meters as well not a quarter mile.

I also that and was a bit disappointed with the drivers performance - Christian I think it was, Black with big tail, oh sh*t - he's not one of our members, is he?

How old is that clip then?

A colleague of mine claims that he watched TOTB type show on cable last night in which Supras were getting, in his own words, annihilated! He claims a Maestro with turbo beat one as well and all the Supra 1/4 mile times were 16 secs or higher!

I saw that, it was Leon against the Maestro. He fluffed the start and didn't run, which is why the Meastro beat him. :looney:

Looked quite good program, didn't see the start of it tho, but Ronnie's liner is fappin fast!

I find Golf GTI drivers are the worst, even when you're driving slowly in traffic they think its good to be sitting on your rear bumper , think it gives them the false sense of security that they would still be able to keep up if the roads were clear!

I love letting them pass on a dual carriageway and as soon as they get back into the left lane you leave them for dust :tongue:

Happened to me yesterday! An RS turbo pulled in front of me from a side road. Whilst in slow traffic, he started revving his engine as If he's gonna scare me. When we hit a clear road he put his foot down, so did I. I overtook with ease and came to a traffic light with him behind me. On the green, i floored it and he had to give up.

I find a lot of people in normal Merc's try it aswell..........would'nt want to play around with one of those SL55 amg mercs :(

I had a race with one of those Fiat coupe 20v turbo's.....kept up quite well actaully.......quite surprised, it was only point to point though.....might have been a different story on a motorway :innocent:

I saw that, it was Leon against the Maestro. He fluffed the start and didn't run, which is why the Meastro beat him. :looney:

Looked quite good program, didn't see the start of it tho, but Ronnie's liner is fappin fast!

He didn't fluff the start, his autobox overheated :(

That Maestro was streets ahead of any other FWD car back at TotB1, it was an awesome beast and respect to the owner/builder. Even now there is only one or two things that worry it.

The runs were 500m as well, as someone has said earlier. Christian Doran had probs with his car but pulled a good top speed, Paul Whiffin did well despite his first single turbo only being finished a couple of weeks before, and I did alright on the top speed but couldn't launch for shit :D

-Ian

Can I just apologise for kinda hijacking this thread. In my post I was trying to point out that my colleague is one of those people who doesn't realise how fast cars like Supras actually are and wants to 'take me on' when I get mine. For what its worth, I've said no unless it is away from public roads.

we had a GSI astra give it some on way back from meet in southampton. Only problem is the NA is only just quicker

when i was looking to buy my supra i was going to buy a N/A but i was advised by a turbo owner that if you have a supra everyone will try it on and i won`t have the power to blow a lot of cars away(sorry n/a owners)

Can I just apologise for kinda hijacking this thread. In my post I was trying to point out that my colleague is one of those people who doesn't realise how fast cars like Supras actually are and wants to 'take me on' when I get mine. For what its worth, I've said no unless it is away from public roads.

It's actually quite safe to take on anyone in a normallo car, as long as it's dual carriageway. Enter DC, get in right hand lane, prove point, go to McDonalds, get Big Mac meal on the loser :D

-Ian