The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Race Brake Pads - Current Options/Offers

pedrosixfour

Looking for a full set of pads for the track car. I'm running the stock 4/2 calipers with DBA 4000 discs.

What's about and recommended these days, any good deals to be had?

I have Hawk HT-10 pads on the front with (slightly softer) Blue 9012 pads from the same manufacturer on the rear. These worked great for me but I've a trackday at the end of the month and the front set is looking a bit thin.

Thanks.

As Greg said I have the Porterfield Race Pads in mine. I find them great for the road once warmed up, although beware they are very dusty. For track use I can't advise, but hopefully the Num brothers will chime in on this thread, as I know they didn't particular rate the porterfied race pads on track, wouldn't last long apparently. The best you can get in their opinion are the Performance Friction, but they no longer manufacture them in supra UK caliper sizes :(

I use Pagid RS29 in the GTR, fantastic pad if they're available for the Supra.

Just checked and they don't, damn.

That''s the trouble now, not much available for the Supra stock 4 pot caliper, hence why some people change to Brembo calipers etc...

They were never CW's own race compound, they were Performance Friction.

Ah, everyday is a school day! Shame then, as the PF compound seemed to be well thought of.

I use Pagid RS29 in the GTR, fantastic pad if they're available for the Supra.

Just had a quick look at the Toyota offerings on the Pagid website Johnny and there seems to be nothing available unless you're in a GT86 or, god knows why, a Yaris.

I know I could start sending pad dimensions to all and sundry to see what they might be able to match them to, but time is not on my side and I need something to be on the way by the weekend. As far as off-the-shelf options go, I'm currently waiting on a price from Clark Motorsport on a full set of Hawk HT-10 pads and one from Whifbitz on a set of Porterfield R4. Either should suit me and more importantly, I'll have them fitted before the track day next Friday.