The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Intercooler bhp capability

Dutchman

Quick question guys starting to collect parts for my single build and wonder if I need to change my intercooler, it's a trust intercooler but unsure of which model it is (it was on when it came from Japan) it's dimensions are 3" X 24" X 12" just wondering if I actually need to uprate this or if it's already big enough as it's completely intact no fins bent or damaged.

Thanks for any help

Quick question guys starting to collect parts for my single build and wonder if I need to change my intercooler, it's a trust intercooler but unsure of which model it is (it was on when it came from Japan) it's dimensions are 3" X 24" X 12" just wondering if I actually need to uprate this or if it's already big enough as it's completely intact no fins bent or damaged.

Thanks for any help

It's one of the smaller GReddy FMIC kit's, probably not up to the job if you're looking at 750hp.

What front bumper do you have fitted? For optimum cooling you need the FMIC ducting and have the whole of the core exposed to the airflow. The HKS Type R kit is the best off the shelf FMIC kit for the Supra IMO but it's big so needs a large opening in the bumper.

Water/meth injection would also be worth considering.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Not sure of exact name as it came with it from Japan looks pretty standard apart from the intercooler ducting is exposed and the 'mouth' is slightly taller than a standard bumper, thanks guys I'll start looking into getting a new 4" intercooler, mine will be up for sale once I've actually got round to doing it I'm currently just collecting all the parts I'll need to do it all in one go, another question whilst I've got your attention will the standard inlet manifold be upto the job or will I need to uprate that as well?