The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front LEFT brake caliper needed urgently

Guest twistybird

Guest twistybird

Hello guy's and gals

I am urgently in need of a replacement front Left brake caliper, my Supra is a '95 NA - Manual

Just changed my discs and brake pads and the bleed nipple sheared off and the surrounding housing crumbles away due to what looked like years of corrosion.

I know obviously can't drive it because of the brake fluid leak and would appreciate it if someone could let me know if they have one laying around they would sell as I really need my car back on the road asap for work.

Cheers

Guest twistybird

Hi Delboy52

Yeh Jspec, could you take a pic of the front left one from the other side at top, the bleed nipple area ? sorry just to make sure it's the right one , am sure it is.

I would only need the passenger side (front left) , don't need the pads. How much including to deliver to NE22 ?

you can pm me ?

Cheers

Just inspected this caliper as DavidP is with me at the moment and we've just noticed that the bleed nipple has been bodged at some point before my ownership. The bleed nipple has been welded over as some chump probably broke the thread and decided the best thing to do would be to weld the valve closed. Really shocked to discover this as I had been driving about with that bodge in place for a few years. I can't sell it on like that, really sorry. The other 3 calipers however are all intact. Sods law..

Guest twistybird

ok fair enough thanks for letting me know, ..

Anyone ?

Really desperate and don't particularly want to fork out 338 quid (Whifbitz) for a new one

Cheers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.